Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KrashesGirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2003, 09:40 PM
    New Hampshire Child Custody Law
    I would like to know if my daughter of 11 years old can live with me in the state of Florida after the state of New Hampshire 7 years ago gave my ex-husband Physical Custody of her. She has made it VERY clear to him and I that she does NOT want to live with him after him burning the house down twice now. She is VERY scared. He has threatened me with kid napping charges if I don't send her back home. Can you please help me?
    MrsAdams Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2003, 11:55 PM
    Well honestly... because he has custody of her... your kind of in a pickle. He very well could charge you with kidnapping... I've seen it happen before. The only thing legal you could do would be to go to court again...
    gurlfulofsmiles Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2004, 11:22 AM
    No you may not take her out of state sonsidering you do not have custody of her. I know the state of Maryland has a clause where you and your daughter would be able to go to court and explain the situation and they would grant you non permanent custody of your daughter, but you must remain in the state. If he catches you out of the state he may take your daughter and press charges. I know it's a little extreme to have to go and do that but it might be worth it. Other then that you could try and keep a collection of evidence against your ex and documents of writing of his behavior towards your daughter and his actions. Have your daughter write some too. Appeal the custody hearing and take your chances.
    HoneyRed Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2004, 08:46 AM
    Were the fires accidents or negilence? If they were the result of negilence, then I would go back to court with proof of child endangerment. Remember until you prove he is unfit, he has custody and the law on his side. Don't make things worse where the court could come in and take her from both of you.
    Sarabrooke1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2005, 02:31 PM
    Hi, I am Sara. I am in the same position as your daughter. In 2000, my dad got physical custody of me. Ever since then, he has treated me like I am no good. He hits me and I am too much of a chicken to call the police, on a count of I am 13. I was browsing to find out the leagal age, to live with your other parent. My mom lives in Mass, and I want to move with her because she is so much nicer to me, than my dad is. My mom is not the most well off, she lives in a 2 bedroom apartment and she works at a minimum wage job. She has custody of my 4 yr old nephew, and she collects welfare. She only brings home about $200 a week, because my dad takes $48, out of her check. Plus she has health insurance for me, and herself. My dad owns 2 buisnesses, and he does not need the money. Does any one know the legal age to move with your other parent? Feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thankz :)
    KrashesGirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2005, 04:01 PM
    Hiya
    Thanks for the reply's. However... The lady who made these posts no longer lives with me. He children have been removed from her and are in custody of the state of Conn. Her husband was molesting the her daughter and she chose her husband over them. I don't understand why she used my name to do this, But she did.

Sorry all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child custody [ 6 Answers ]

Can any one give me some avice on child custody?I have sole custody now and the mom is taking me back to court and is asking for full custody.she has been court order to see child on wensdays and every other weekends. She has taken our son two time in last 60 days.how do I keep the sole...

Child custody [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ,new at this. Need to ask someone about child custody.here goes,I got full custody of my five year old son due to a default hearing.we are now going back to court because his mother wants full custody.what I want to ask is how can she not show up for court and now she can take me back to court?...

New Hampshire Custody question [ 0 Answers ]

Not to long ago I had moved my son (who is now 18mo) and myself up from Florida to New Hampshire with the hope of his father becoming active in his life. He was ordered to pay child support after paternity was established (his name is not on the birth certificate) and had done so for the first two...

View more questions Search