Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosy_123 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Mar 21, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Annoying bird keeps me awake!
    I think it's a mockingbird, but I'm not sure. It makes all kinds of sounds, all through the night. It's super loud and I can't stand it. I love birds, so I don't want to hurt it, but I want it to go away! Any suggestions?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Put up a fake owl.. put it high on a branh or on your deck. Many birds are frightened by the presence of owls. Move it around so they don't catch on.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Whoops... BRANCH is what I meant to type.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 21, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Try a white noise generator. They usually come in several sounds like ocean waves or gentle breeze. It may drown out the annoying bird.
    rosy_123 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Mar 21, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Cool, thank you guys for your ideas. Think I'll try the owl thing, (I'm a weirdo when it comes to white noise. Any noise at all when I'm trying to sleep. Lame right?) I'll have to somehow get onto my roof... will this work even if the bird is say--across the street or in someone else's tree?
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 09:30 AM
    You know I'm not sure, my boss puts one up on the office to keep the birds from hanging around in the surrounding trees and pooping on all of our cars. It works for that... so it may work for across the street.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bird [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 birds (budgies) and they have been really healthy. However, over the past few weeks my female bird has been wheezing and sneezing quite a bit. It's almost like she is having a tough time breathing. Oddly enough, she is still eating normally, hasn't lost weight and still has quite a bit...

Bird flu [ 6 Answers ]

Hi again everyone, I live in England, and I am really worried about bird flu. In England there is just one confirmed case, but what I don't understand is how serious this is. Could this disease spread to humans. Tonight they were saying in the news if the disease spread to humans then they...

Tweety Bird [ 6 Answers ]

I feel sort of weird asking this but my friends and I are debating if Tweety Bird is a boy or a girl... does anyone know? Lol. Thanks... :D

Bird flu [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There was a program about bird flu few days back that made me really scared, and I searched the inter net about it and I got scared even more , now Im thinking about it all the time , it even started to affect my sleep , it like that thinking about it and screded from it is over whelming, is...

View more questions Search