Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erikadev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2013, 08:07 PM
    Burn from hot water
    So yesterday I was rinsing my face with water and making a hot towel as part of my acne regime. As I placed the hot towel on my chin to get rid of a small whitehead, I noticed that my skin kind of hurt and I pulled the towel off to find a strange outlined mark on my skin. After a couple of hours I was literally in shock to find that it was a huge burn and that it seemed like the top layer was completely burned off... The wound turned to a dark red and had a glossy surface. I didn't know what even happened because it barely hurt when it did so I went to someone who placed an LED light on it because it helps with healing and cell turnover. I have been putting aloe vera gel, bacitracin, and a band aid on it and it has not started scabbing. I have a huge event in literally two days and Im freaking out about this stupid mark on my chin. Im trying to keep it as moist as possible to prevent scabbing and I will go to see my doctor again tomorrow for the same treatment, but is it possible to avoid the scabbing all together? When will it start scabbing if it does? How long will it take to heal?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 18, 2013, 11:01 PM
    You may have been putting too much on it, preventing air from forming new skin. Gels and creams + a bandaid was too much. I think you have to face the fact that it will be there still in 2 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

Why is a steam burn worse than a hot water burn ? [ 18 Answers ]

I would like to have the answers in short abou t the following : a) Why asteam burn is worse than a hot water burn? b) A pressure cooker cooks food faster c) A car cooling system is usually pressurized d)An astronaut needs a pressurized space suit all round his body e)It is difficult to make...

No hot water pressure/hot water after turning main water off/on and draining water [ 5 Answers ]

I turned the main water off to our home to remove our water softener and ran the water in the kitchen and both bathrooms until no water came out. Now there is no hot water pressure or hot water at all sinks after turning the main water back on, but there is normal cold water and cold water...

I burn my hand with hot cooking oil! [ 2 Answers ]

I burn my hand a week ago with hot cooking oil. I went to tne doctor and he put cream and he cover my hand. He charge me $300.00. Know I don't know what to do because it hurts. How do I treat it? Im using antibaotic cream.I don't have money to see the doctor.

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

View more questions Search