Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Westport Reader Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 12:21 PM
    Book Search by Plot
    I started a book and lost it after only a few chapters. It began with a woman dealing with the death of her husband. She began having brief moments thinking she had seen her husband but assumed it was caused by grief.

She went to a cottage where they had spent happier times and spotted her husband. She confronted him about faking his death. His explanation was something about being away or having an accident. He learned people thought he was dead and he chose to hide away rather than explain his absence and deal with the mistake.

This was early in the books plot, and then I misplaced the book. I have no idea what the title may have been. It was a paperback. That's all I know. I was enjoying the story line and eager to finish reading.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 12:23 PM
    Was it a romance paperback?

Apr 16, 2013, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Was it a romance paperback?
    Yes, I believe so. It had been left in a vacation rental by a guest.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Westport Reader View Post
    Yes, I believe so. It had been left in a vacation rental by a guest.
    There are so many of those. I have Googled for it, but can't seem to find that particular plot (but other dead husband plots and the husband is still alive, in case you are interested). I'd call my library, but I know they also Google. Maybe will call anyway, and you call yours too, reader's advisory. It sounds familiar to me... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Apr 16, 2013, 08:29 PM
    I think the husband painted and the wife began sellling his paintings.

The book could have been out in 2010 when I found it - thinking it was a new release that the guest had just read and left in the rental.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 08:33 PM
    I have a friend who is a romance writer. I could ask her too. My reader's advisory library will be working tomorrow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Search for books by plot [ 3 Answers ]

A children's book from 50's-70's about a girl who moved to a house with a staircase in a turret with velvet curtains where she liked to read... also another from the same time, one about a girl who lived near an abandoned house where she used to go and play and fixed it up and maybe ended up living...

Book plot search [ 0 Answers ]

It's a young adult fiction book from the 1980's. The main character was a very talented artist, but is severely abused by her alcoholic mother. A boy tries to reach out to her, but she has to keep their friendship a secret?

Book Search by Plot [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to find a book title: story is about a nazi who runs a camp, knows the war is over, so transforms himself into a jew, ends up high up in the Isreali army, married with kids, when the nazis in exile contact him. His son realizes his father is a war criminal from a habit he has of touching his...

Book Search by Plot [ 0 Answers ]

The plot concerns a man who takes polls by being sent into computer programs. Suddenly no one knows him, his identity seems erased. He realises he may be in another program. Read many years ago

Book plot search [ 0 Answers ]

A modern-day book, about an african american family of women, the mother has just died. She was a difficult person, withdrew from all the girls and gardened at night, a garden of white flowers. I can't remember the title!

View more questions Search