Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaelb823 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 11:19 PM
    Whirlpool water heater won't light
    2002 whirlpool 40 gal water heater refuses to light. Replaced the pilot/burner assembly kit and still not a thing to show for it, not so much as a spark. Other suggestions on what it could be, or is the heater just at the end of its life span?

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Water Heater - pilot light won't start [ 13 Answers ]

I have Whirlpool Water Heater (MOD#: BFG1F4040S3NOV) We shut it off to bug-bomb the garage... and now the pilot light won't turn back on... I think it is a problem with the Thermal Switch... the switch reset button has no tension on it - it slides slightly in and out without resistance... ...

Hot water heater pilot light won't stay lit [ 0 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater has been working problem-free for years until recently. I shut the water heater off because I was going to be away from home for a few weeks. When I came home and tried to relight it, the pilot light would not stay lit. I have replaced the thermocoupler and that didn't fix...

Whirlpool Gas Water Heater Pilot Light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool 40 gallon water heater, when attempting to light the burner, the pilot light goes out when the reset button is released. (After holding the reset button down for the required amount of time). Does anyone know what's going on?

Fg1f4040s3pv whirlpool water heater piolt light [ 0 Answers ]

I had to turn off my propane tank to install a new gas wall oven. Turned tank back on and new stove works but I cannot light pilot light on my Whirlpool water heater following the instructions. I see ignitor flash but pilot light will not stay on. Is this a problem with air in the line, if so how...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.