Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robynpat1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 09:32 PM
    3 dwi, but won't stop drinking. Family wants him to enter rehab
    Question is, will the PO see this as a parole violation and send him to prison? AA hasn't been the answer for him and family firmly believes rehab is the only and last resort.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 09:59 PM
    Is he required to submit samples of his urine on a regular basis for testing? If so, and he's still drinking, he'll get caught sooner or later. If it's a condition of his parole that he remain sober, and he's caught with alcohol in his system, he will likely go to jail, but jail isn't rehab.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 10:01 PM
    I would like to add to what Alty said. He won't quit until he is ready. Rehab at this point would be a waste of money. He has to admit there is a problem and be willing to accept help before sobriety is an option for him.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2013, 03:38 AM
    Hello R:

If the PO doesn't consider a DWI a major violation, then nothing is.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2013, 06:52 AM
    If he has meetings with PO, he will need permission to go into rehab, since he will miss meetings with PO while in rehab

But unless he really wants to change, rehab is a waste of time and money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is drinking a lot but won't eat! [ 3 Answers ]

For the last 3 days my dog (yorkie 1year) has not eaten but is drinking allot. We have tried chicken with dog food, chicken, cheese,meats and pork. Please help.

Bathroom rehab in multi family [ 7 Answers ]

Trying to find out the code for westchester county ny if it would be required to rewire bathroom circuit from a 15 amp to a 20 amp circuit if I actually did not do any major work basically I upgraded the services to each apartment and installed new lines to the kitchen counter without Sheetrock...

View more questions Search