Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karamveer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 03:10 PM
    How to calculate torque required for the vehicle having some constant mass ?
    I want to calculate the torque required for vehicle to move from rest and have 200kg of mass.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 05:54 AM
    To determine torque you need to specify the acceleration you want the vehicle to be able to achieve and the speed of the engine in RPM. This allows you to use to calculate the force the engine needs to deliver through the drive train to the wheels on the pavement, then the engine power requirement using , and from that the torque from , where = engine speed in radians/sec. This gives the torques that the engine needs to deliver to the drive wheels, but be aware that a typical drive train will cause a loss of about 20% of the engine's power through friction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I calculate the torque required to rotate a wheel with mass of 110kg? [ 0 Answers ]

I have to rotate rear wheel of a cycle with load of 110kg(weight of the whole cycle with driver) and at 500rpm or you can say 50km/h.so how I will be able to calculate the initial torque required to move the cycle

How do I calculate a torque required to rotate a shaft equipped with paddles? [ 0 Answers ]

I must calculate a torque for a immersed shaft ( dia.= 4"; L= 25'-4") equipped with 8 paddles. This assy. Will function like a mixer. Fluid: water (water viscosity for calculation). I must use the existing equipments for this assy. The assy. Paddles are welded assy. From a pipe (mounted around...

Need to know the Torque for a rotating mass. [ 15 Answers ]

Need to find the Torque for a mass (1,431 lbs)that has a diameter of 18" on a 4" diameter shaft. Everything is symmetrical and balanced. The shaft is supported at each end with ball bearings. There is no load on the system. The reason I need to know is because the formula for HP (at least the ones...

How do I calculate the torque required to rotate a shaft with mass 10K rpm? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate the minimum torque to rotate a .925lb, 0.625' diameter shaft with a .925lb 2.19' hub 10K rpm within 3 seconds? I am trying to spec out an electric motor that I can couple up to the shaft supported by two ball bearings to spin test the hub on. T=IxA "I" inertia for a solid...

How to calculate the required torque to rotate the shaft? [ 2 Answers ]

HI to all I need the formula to calculate the required torque to rotate the shaft.

View more questions Search