Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2013, 11:53 AM
    2nd ear piercing
    I realllyyyyyyyyyyyy want my second ear piercing. I am very knowledgeable about piercings, know how to clean it, where to get it done and all. My dad said yeah, but my mum said she wants me to wait a year or two. I know it sounds stubbron, but I am VERY impatient and I really can't wait. People say 'listen to your parents' but it's ,my body, right? I'm on the verge of doing it at home. Please help me! How can I convince her? By the way I'm 12 and english

>Merged Threads<
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Your post makes you sound very immature, so I agree with your mother.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 12:06 PM
    Right now your body belongs to your parents. If your mum says no, then you wait. Do not do it on your own at home or you will pay dearly for that later. You will destroy the trust your mum has in you and it will affect how she responds to your requests in the future.

Apr 16, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Your post makes you sound very immature, so I agree with your mother.
    thanks a lot.

Apr 17, 2013, 09:05 AM
    Cartilage piercing
    I am going to get my cartilage pierced, but I need to know from somebody with experience these things:
    Gun vs needle?
    If I use a needle, can I get a stud or does it have to be a curved barbell?
    Also, what are my chances of infection?
    Lastly, how wou8ld I get rid of a bump, and what is the difference between a keloid and hypertrophic scarring?
    Thanks in advance xxx
    NICOLE2013 Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Apr 17, 2013, 02:49 PM
    I peirced my cartlidge myself. I cleaned it put ointment on it and shoved a needle through it, I have a stud in it, to get ride of the bump use tree oil, it can be found at cvs, rite aid, walmart, etc.. Keep it cleaned well and keep using triple antibacterial ointment, mine has never been infected and I've has it done 2 years now.(:

Apr 18, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Thanks very much, very helpful xx

Apr 18, 2013, 08:54 AM
    What's a good age to get a cartilage piercing??
    I know it's personal preference, but what's a good age to get a cartilage piercing? Just a thought - I might get mine x
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 18, 2013, 08:57 AM

Apr 18, 2013, 02:50 PM
    No problem.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 18, 2013, 02:57 PM
    Nicole, that is very bad advice. Suggesting that someone pierce their own cartilage is very irresponsible, and dangerous.

To the OP (original poster), do not pierce your own ear. There is absolutely no way, even if you boil it, put alcohol on it, that the needle will be clean. You are putting yourself at a huge risk of infection. Nicole got lucky, you probably won't.

Get this done professionally. If the piercer suggests using a gun for a cartilage piercing, walk out and find someone else. A gun should never be used for this type of piercing, as it can shatter the cartilage. A needle is the only option.

Yes, you can get a stud.

Do not do this yourself. I'm horrified that someone would even suggest that.

Apr 19, 2013, 04:25 AM
    I wasn't suggesting it for her. I stated that I did mine myself. And to keep it clean use triple anti bacterial ointment, tree oil will bring the bump down. Never said do it yourself.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 19, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NICOLE2013 View Post
    I wasn't suggesting it for her. i stated that i did mine myself. and to keep it clean use triple anti bacterial ointment, tree oil will bring the bump down. never said do it yourself.
    You may not have directly come out and said "do it yourself" but the implication was certainly there.

Apr 19, 2013, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Nicole, that is very bad advice. Suggesting that someone pierce their own cartilage is very irresponsible, and dangerous.

To the OP (original poster), do not pierce your own ear. There is absolutely no way, even if you boil it, put alcohol on it, that the needle will be clean. You are putting yourself at a huge risk of infection. Nicole got lucky, you probably won't.

Get this done professionally. If the piercer suggests using a gun for a cartilage piercing, walk out and find someone else. A gun should never be used for this type of piercing, as it can shatter the cartilage. A needle is the only option.

Yes, you can get a stud.

Do not do this yourself. I'm horrified that someone would even suggest that.
    Thank you very much, very accurate and don't worry I will not pierce my ear with a gun or a stupid DIY at home. Thanks

Apr 19, 2013, 10:09 AM
    Bioflex bars for cartilage piercings.
    How long can I have a bioflex bar in my cartilage piercing and keep it hygenic?
    I have an event where I can't wear it and I can't leave it out for that long.
    Thanks in advance xxx

Apr 23, 2013, 11:32 AM
    Cartilage piercing!?
    How can I convince my mum? Need help asap please.
    No rude comments, I know what I want so please just answer the question xx
    I love piercings and I have made up my mind. Dad says yes mum says no.
    Thanks in advance xxxxxxxxx
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2013, 12:17 PM
    Maybe your mom knows more than you give her credit for... people with too many visible piercings have a much harder time getting most jobs... and certain jobs would be off limits to them.

When you are 18... and living on your own and supporting yourself... you get to make those decisions for yourself. And that won't be al that long.

I don't know your mom... but a lot of parents the more you push them on something... the less receptive they are to it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 23, 2013, 12:40 PM
    by the way I'm 12
    Quote Originally Posted by keeks143 View Post
    How can I convince my mum? Need help asap please.
    No rude comments, I know what I want so please just answer the question xx
    I love piercings and I have made up my mind. Dad says yes mum says no.
    Thanks in advance xxxxxxxxx
    What happened to the cartilage piecing you supposedly were asking about in this post?

Quote Originally Posted by keeks143 View Post
    How long can i have a bioflex bar in my cartilage piercing and keep it hygenic?
    I have an event where I can't wear it and I can't leave it out for that long.
    Thanks in advance xxx
    If that post was a 'what if', then:

You are 12 years old. Your parents need to sit down and discuss what they think should be done. It is up to them to make a mutual decision. They know what you want. It is their turn to tell you what they will allow.

Please keep all posts and questions about this subject in this thread.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2013, 12:52 PM
    Keeks, my concern is that you can't decide what color sneakers to purchase but feel you are "qualified" to make this appearance-altering decision.

My opinion? You're too young for piercings.

May 5, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Cartilage piercing PAIN??
    OK, I know that all people have different pain tolerances, but what was the pain experience o your cartilage piercing? Just so I can get an idea.
    Thanks xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ear piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm wanting my ear cartliage don't with a gun at claire's, but I need some pointers first! It would be nice if I can have some encouragment because I'm wanting it done by this Saturday before school starts. And I was wondering if those of you with LOW pain tolerence(just like me) think its...

Ear Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

My parents made me wait until my 16th birthday to get my ears pierced. I made my daughter wait until her 12th. She turned 12 last week and we are finally getting her ears pierced this weekend. I will refuse to let her get any other piercings or own a pet until she moves out. Am I only hurting her...

Ear piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm having trouble again with my cartlage piercing. I am getting the same little gross bump near the piercing... I didn't poke it with a needle this time but it did break open on its own. I have been sleeping on it pretty much every night because I just got my industrial done on my other ear....

Ear piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I got my ear pierced ( cartilage) last march 14. It was actually a gun-pierced. On the first two days, it was still OK but on the third day, it began to swell. I'm also encountering redness and I' ve seen some yellowish discharge on it. My classmate told me that its not just reddish. Its like...

Ear Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 17 year old male living in Chandler, Arizona. I am going to ASU and my parents are in Connecticut and I'm staying with an aunt. I want to get my left ear pierced, but you need a parent and stuff to get it done it most places I've checked. I turn 18 in Nov, but I would like it done...

View more questions Search