Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeyo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 04:14 PM
    Toilet Measurements
    Ihave sloping ceilings in my upstirs want install toilet are there any codes on headroom for this situation?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 06:52 PM
    I believe it is 5 ft. minimum at the back (tank) rising to 7 ft. Questions arise as what is a "habitable room". Biggest problem is banging your head in the dark or standing up.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 05:03 AM
    I don't know of any codes that mandate the height a ceiling needs to be to install a toilet, but apparently Ma0641 does?

Code speaks specifically to minimum WIDTH needed for a toilet (30" minimum wall to wall, or 15" minimum from center of toilet to the finished wall).

The only real answer here then will be for you to call your local plumbing or building inspector and ask them what the specific requirements will be in your area!

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soil Measurements [ 6 Answers ]

How is soil measured? By ton, pounds or etc.

Toilet/tub installation measurements [ 1 Answers ]

How much room do you need to install a toilet. How much room from the center of the commode to the wall. Also how much room do I need for a shower or a tub

Plumbing measurements [ 1 Answers ]

What is the take-out measurements for a 11/2 inch 90 ell and a 11/2 inch 45 ell? Both fittings are for screw pipe!

View more questions Search