Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Careful Cdad, I posted the same info and was told to get back to the pet section, because I don't know nothin bout birthin no babies.
    Mine is from the recommendation of the World Health Organization.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Mine is from the recomendation of the World Health Orginization.
    It was the same quote, word for word.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It was the exact same quote, word for word.
    I didn't check your source. Hadn't noticed it lead to the same place.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 09:28 PM
    Here you go you want some real information about cervical checks.

Dilation/Effacement & Cervical Checks: READ THIS! - February 2010 Babies - What to Expect.com
    I would like to add that this "article" was written in February 2010. That's 3 years ago, and methods change yearly. Hence the reason for us nurses taking CEU's (Continued Education Units) yearly. I would also like to point out that this article was written by a self-proclaimed midwife.

The practice of Midwifery differs drastically than that of a RN in a labor and delivery setting. To be totally honest, in my facility my education and experience trumps that of a midwife as I am able to perform interventions in the event of an emergency whereas the midwife is not permitted to do so.

This person who wrote the article took a few weekend courses and delivered 8 babies in a year.
    I assisted with 8 deliveries last Wednesday, 3 of which I delivered myself as the doctor did not make it in time.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 10:04 PM
    I would like to add that the nurse WAS wrong. She should have explained to you what she was doing and why. She should have apologized for hurting you prior to the exam.

However, with that said, precipitous deliveries, such as the OP is explaining, carry certain dangers and sometimes we have to act rapidly and have no time for explanation or apologies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

violation of patient rights [ 0 Answers ]

Hi - I gave birth to my son two years ago and at the time had signed a notice informing the provider that I did NOT wish to have any interns or such involved in my care and/or delivery. However, the only people that I saw at the time I was admitted to the hospital for labor were interns; the...

Violation of patient rights [ 46 Answers ]

Hi, I recently gave birth in a hospital via c-section. I was administered potocin without my knowledge or consent and I feel my rights were violated. IS there any legal action I can take. I know that hospital have a time out rule that before any procedure/medicine is given to a patient they are...

View more questions Search