Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grencha Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 12:23 PM
    Rental Property
    I live in a Mobile Home Park and own my home and pay rent for services through the Park. A home next to me is run down and unclean and now up for sale again after about 1 year with current tenant. It seems the Landlord or owner of the home is letting the home be purchased by a person that also will not keep up the home.
    Do tenants next to a home like this situation have a cause to dispute the sale of the home under those conditions?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Is there a homeowner/tenant association?

You also need proof, not a "feeling" that someone won't keep up a mobile home.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2013, 01:20 PM
    Unless there is a homeowner's association you have to talk to the owner of the park. It might help to get other tenants in the park to band together to protest the renters.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 07:57 PM
    Scott, currently it appears the neighbors are renters. The feeling about the new people concerns people who are purchasing the unit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 08:35 PM
    No, neighbors have no say in who can purchase the mobile home next to them.

And yes selling it to people with poorer credit is a way many do, to make more money. I sold the same house 5 times, get large down payment, ( not deposit) sell it, and then take it back when they can't pay and keep the down payment.

This is actually common practice, and is called owner finance or contract for deed (for property)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deduct rental property expenses without rental income? [ 2 Answers ]

I own a condo that I used to live in but I no longer work in that city. I have been trying to rent it for almost a year but have not found a renter yet. Can I consider the condo as rental property and claim the expenses of owning it on my taxes, even though I do not have any rental income yet?...

Property rental [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering renting some space in my building to a hairdresser. She has her own equipment. My question is this, who is suppose to pay to the installation of her equipment and making the space 'beauty shop friendly'? We have worked out an amount for monthly rent. Also is there a simple...

Rental Property [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California. I rented a home to a tenant, with a one year lease. Now, I don't think I'll be able to continue to pay the mortgage, even with the rental income. What happens if I'm unable to pay the mortgage and the house goes into foreclosure? Specifically, what happens to the tenant? ...

View more questions Search