Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saruuuuu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 03:20 AM
    Mypuppy toy pom 4months met with an accident while going for a walk after dinner
    Mypuppy toy pom 4months met with an accident while going for a walk after dinner.. An overspeed car ran over him Luckily he did not come under the wheel.he did not have any external injury. But he was lying down still Immediately he was rushed to the doctor where he was given anti shock and apainkiller injection with the instructions to keep a check on him for72hrs Its been 4o hrs now and he walks properly . Eating his meals.. responds to everyone.but he is not energetic and active as he was before.. he feels sleepy all the time My question is Do u think my dog is safe There is no risk to his life andhow long will take him to be normal? Wat are the symptoms of internal injury?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 14, 2013, 03:46 AM
    The two drugs he was given will make him less active for a while.
    If he didn't get run over, I am sure he will be OK, but of course keep an eye on him every minute.
    You could try running your hands over each leg, his back, neck, and tummy, carefully and with just enough pressure to see if he winces, but I assume that the vet did that already.
    If he eats, drinks, walks, urinates and defecates, isn't panting for no reason, he is probably OK.

When you are walking him across a street, keep his leash very close to your side. I guess you know that now. You are very, very lucky.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2013, 08:58 AM
    He was just hit by a car! Just because he isn't gushing blood out of his body, doesn't mean that he isn't maybe bruised!

Let him lay around and rest. It may be 2 weeks before he feels up to being bouncy and like normal. Keep in close contact with your vet in case anything strange happens.

Things to watch for is excessive discoloration on his belly, a bloated look to his abdomen and pale or white gums.

Make sure he is eating and drinking good when giving him his pain meds.

Just let him rest. I'm sure he feels as if he were hit by a Mac truck!
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2013, 12:19 AM
    Yes, I agree with Lucky098. Please check the colour of his gums and pull down his lower eyelid gently and see if it looks pale inside there. It should be pinkish or even red. If it's pale and whitish coloured, I think another trip to the vet is definitely in order.

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Used to walk regularly for 7kms now I am trying to get conceive. Can I continue walk? [ 1 Answers ]

Everyday I used to walk for 7kms . Now I am trying to get conceive can I continue my walk?

Sick toy pom puppy [ 7 Answers ]

We just got a toy pom on Friday. She was doing great, now this morning she was good and playful, now she won't even stand up and she had like a little seziure (or trying to trow up(her tummy got hard and tons of drool running out of her mouth it lasted about 20 seconds. Now she is just sleeping ...

Kids TV show or cartoon where toy's/ toy people come to life [ 12 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm trying to figure out the name of the show/cartoon where the toy shop closes for the night, and I think there was a real boy/child that slid down a slide or rode a train into the toy store. And the toys come to life. I think there was a dog too. An old man and...

View more questions Search