Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plumber3158 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 04:30 PM
    Replaced toilet flange
    Question toilet upstairs cut off flange and replaced it with 3 inch drop in flange
    Since I changed it every time I flush it it is backing up and leaking between the drop in flange and the 4 inch drain
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 04:44 PM
    Hi Plumber3158

We need to know EXACTLY which drop in flange as they make so many different types nowadays...

Need to know the pipe material and why did you use a 3" drop in flange when you have a 4" pipe?

Back to you...

Mark
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 14, 2013, 11:37 AM
    Hi Plumber and welcome to The Plumbing Page at ANHD.com. Did you have a problem with backups before you changed the flange? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced guts of toilet, still won't flush-water leaking around bottom of toilet [ 2 Answers ]

After husband replaced guts of toilet because both upstairs toilets will not flush-master bedroom worse, master bedroom toilet now leaking water around bottom of toilet. Emptied tank water, turned off toilet, still seeping water at bottom. Water same level in toilet bowl-did the toilet get...

Just replaced toilet! Bubbles coming up toilet? Leaking around base? [ 3 Answers ]

Just replaced my toilet, the previous toilet was not flushing correctly and now I have put in a new one Im trying to save myself money as I'm a single mother but every time I turn around it is costing me more! So please any details as to what I need to look for let me know. But this is what I did...

Basement toilet just replaced sewage pump now toilet does not flush [ 1 Answers ]

Just replace sewage pump for basement bathroom on Sunday, all seems to be working fine. The toilet would not pull the water down/flush.

Cast iron toilet flange the bolt holes will not hold how do we fix it and the flange [ 1 Answers ]

We have a cast iron flange and the bolt holes are not useable can we cut off the top and add a new plastic flange

View more questions Search