Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siaso Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2013, 01:25 PM
    How to forget about my problems?
    How can I forget my problems without drugs or alcohols as I don't use both?
    I lost my girlfriend collage is hard and I don't have anywhere to run or anyone to speak to
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 01:27 PM
    You don't use both or you don't use either?

The only key I know is to stay busy.

Is there no one you can talk to, your age, someone older?

You have written about your depression before? Did you follow any of the advice? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...ml#post3387197
    jordii Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Apr 14, 2013, 06:52 PM
    You seem to be really struggling. One of the most quick ways to get help is to call a crisis help line. The best way you can access this tool is to Google "crisis hotline" or "crisis help line" and enter your city or county. These services are usually available 24 hours a day and your call should be answered by a trained volunteer or counselor who will listen to you and make suggestions.

If you are a post-secondary student your school should have counseling available either on campus or close by. Use this program if it available to you; you are paying for it in your tuition.

Most important; talk to someone; don't let your negative feelings get the best of you.

Let us know what happens.

Apr 19, 2013, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You don't use both or you don't use either?

The only key I know is to stay busy.

Is there no one you can talk to, your age, someone older?

You have written about your depression before? Did you follow any of the advice? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...ml#post3387197
    Thanks for answering and no I couldn't follow their advices as sadly I am in the engineering faculty in collage so I don't have enough free time and I don't use both and am always busy studying

Apr 19, 2013, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jordii View Post
    You seem to be really struggling. One of the quickest ways to get help is to call a crisis help line. The best way you can access this tool is to google "crisis hotline" or "crisis help line" and enter your city or county. These services are usually available 24 hours a day and your call should be answered by a trained volunteer or councellor who will listen to you and make suggestions.

If you are a post-secondary student your school should have councelling available either on campus or close by. Use this program if it available to you; you are paying for it in your tuition.

Most important; talk to someone; don't let your negative feelings get the best of you.

Let us know what happens.
    Thanks for the advice :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2013, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by siaso View Post
    thanks for answering and no i couldnt follow their advices as sadly iam in the engineering faculty in collage so i dont have enough free time and i dont use both and am always busy studying
    It's college. Collage is a group of pictures pasted together. Just saying.

Are you currently taking drugs and alcohol? If you have time for that, then you have time to seek professional advice.

I really wish we could help but the type of help you need, is professional help, possibly medication. It's your mental health, so make the time to take care of it. Would you ignore it if it were cancer? Of course not. So make the time.

Apr 19, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It's college. Collage is a group of pictures pasted together. Just sayin.

Are you currently taking drugs and alcohol? If you have time for that, then you have time to seek professional advice.

I really wish we could help but the type of help you need, is professional help, possibly medication. It's your mental health, so make the time to take care of it. Would you ignore it if it were cancer? Of course not. So make the time.
    oh thanks for correcting me english is not my main language :D and maybe all I need is a good vecation ^^ and also I am not taking drugs or alcohol and I don't even smoke xD
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by siaso View Post
    oh thanks for correcting me english is not my main language :D and maybe all i need is a good vecation ^^ and also i am not taking drugs or alcohol and i dont even smoke xD
    I think you need professional help.

If you're depressed there are meds that can help. Meds aren't the same as drugs or alcohol. Why not try that option? It's a simple trip to the doctor.

If you don't have time to take care of your issues the right way, how will you find time for a vacation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forget things I want to forget? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to forget my last year combination but I just seem to have a photographic memory. Nobody else I know remembers there last year combination and I really want to not remember it but I just don't know how!!

How do I forget her [ 5 Answers ]

A different situation ever happened with me ,let me explain.. when I am doing MBA my classmate proposed me but I have rejected her and started avoiding but she asked me to be like a friend as earlier.. so slowly I started talking with her and as the days are passing on we became very close but...

Should I just forget about him? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so the boy I really like is going out with this other Girl that has a whole bunch of classes with him and I have one a day with him But his brother tells me all the time that he sometimes talks about me saying I'm cute etc. and he told me he used to like me I didn't even think of this boy...

I want to forget! [ 16 Answers ]

What is the best possible way that is most likely to work, to get amnesia?

View more questions Search