Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CMG 1 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 05:28 AM
    What should I do if I'm way overweight?
    I really need help with question. I need to loss a lot of weight. I am only 16 years and my weight is 88kg and my hight is 1m74cm. It horrible for me to look at myself in the mirror blugg. I don't ah on answer for my question. I tried to be anorexic but the resalts where nothing. I don't know it bulimia I my best way to go?

>threads merged<
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 06:03 AM
    You tried anorexia? And now thinking of bulimia? You might as well commit suicide if you try bulimia, and thank god the anexoria didn't work!

You are male or female? Let me know and I will give you some tips, but at l6, your weight will fluctuate for a few more years yet. Healthy eating, combined with daily physical activity always works. What acitivites are you involved in at school? Do you have meals a day without junk food?

Apr 13, 2013, 06:33 AM
    [QUOTE=tickle;3441821] I'm female and yes I do have physical activity at school but it just to frustrating being that kid. Everyone is so skinny and I'm just fat. You don't think I've tried eating right? IT DOES NOT WORK!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 06:48 AM
    [QUOTE=CMG 1;3441834]
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I'm female and yes I do have physical activity at school but it just to frustrating being that kid. Everyone is so skinny and I'm just fat. You don't think ive tryed eating right? IT DOES NOT WORK!
    The best way is to go to your pediatrician and have a physical. Let the doctor rule out any health issues, then give you a healthy eating/exercise plan meant just for you.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 08:10 AM
    I think teach has a good idea, only because of your age. At 16 dieting should not be a benchmark, especially when your body will change physically over the next four years. But yes, physical activity and adjusting your caloric intake really does work, you just have to find the right balance and it doesn't happen instantly.

Walking one mile, 20 minutes a day, would do wonders for you and you would see the difference in a month. The simple plan always works best in my view.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 08:32 AM
    The things you named, just ruins your health,

First you need to find out, if there is some medical issue.

Next your parents will have to get behind you, since it means changing often the food that is being cooked at home.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 08:32 AM
    The things you named, just ruins your health,

First you need to find out, if there is some medical issue.

Next your parents will have to get behind you, since it means changing often the food that is being cooked at home.

Apr 13, 2013, 09:38 AM
    My parents even tell me that I have to loss weight but they don't even help me with the type of food I eat. They just surve me and that all. I really don't have no one to go to.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Whatever they serve you, reduce your portions; be your own advocate if you want to lose weight, but as I said, your body will be changing so much over the next four years.

Apr 13, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Ok I'll do that and then what. Who going to help me after
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Apr 13, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Hey, CMG 1.

Okay, so you want to lose some weight? You have to work on it yourself! Eat healthy, means no junk food and consuming smaller portions of your plate, exercising is also important. If you do this routinely, than I am sure your family will notice how much you want this and will probably help you; that is how you gain the support you need, you earn it yourself. Show, don't tell, them that you are serious about this.

I know it is hard to go on with this by yourself, so I suggest that you set a schedule, for the days you decide to exercise, set short/long-term goals for how much weight you want to lose, and reward yourself every time you achieve a goal you reach. This will take few months; nothing works like magic, if you want something than you have to work hard for it.

If you can't do this by yourself than ask someone close to you for help, you can still see a doctor and ask him/her for help if this does not work for you.

Apr 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
    I have no support from no one my dad is always working and my mom well she always with my sis. I can't do anywhere by myself only school. And I've tried every diet and the results are 0. I have no one to go to.

Apr 13, 2013, 11:55 AM
    What path should I go through/to.
    I don't know what I should do. What should I do anorexic or bulimic? Ive tried every single diet, but there is no turn out. I need answers not " go to the doctor and get help" I need really suggestions.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 11:59 AM
    You have had answers suggestions, good ones too, in every response to your previous post. And really, please don't start new threads for this, you already have one. >threads merged<

What should you do, you are asking us to suggest two particularly lethal ways of losing weight, anorexic, or bulimia?

You are l6 for heavens sake, you don't need to diet, just watch what you eat and how much you physically participate.

Apr 13, 2013, 12:12 PM
    CMG 1, Your diet may not work at first because fat burns less calories than muscles; you can lift weights to gain more muscle, it could be because you are not doing it right, it could be that you are consuming more calories even when you eat a little, it could be something else... for this reason ask your parents to take you to see a doctor.

Edit: How long have you been on a diet? And what kind of exercising do you do?

Apr 13, 2013, 12:21 PM
    [QUOTE=Zea;3442028] The only thing I eat is:
    Fruit, veggies and water. I what else do I have to do. And I love sports I play sport every day for an 1h20min. My parents are to busy to listen to me. All of my family is also in their own world to know about my. Ive had so many cruches and what do they do laugh at me that all. I have no one else to see.

Apr 13, 2013, 12:30 PM
    "cruches" What does this mean?

For how long have you been exercising?

Eating fruits and veggies only is not healthy for anyone.

Okay, no worries, You can talk to your school counselor. Be honest, and tell him/her what bothers you.

Apr 13, 2013, 12:38 PM
    [QUOTE=Zea;3442039]"crushes" that meansthe guys are hot I like them the laugh at me every single guy does that.

I exersise every single say for an 1h and 25min. I don't want to take to no school person. I don't want to let no one to find out about my personal live. I'm taking to u cauze I don't know u and u don't know me but for me to take to some one that does know me.

I think that bulimia is the same as using the bathroom except it comes out the other way.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 12:52 PM
    This is bulimia

Bulimia nervosa - MayoClinic.com
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 12:58 PM
    You problem isn't your weight - your problem is your open resentment of your family and the way you believe they are treating you.

You are not going to solve a physical issue (weight) until you come to terms with your emotional problem. If you are considering ruining your health by "developing" (or at least practicing) vomiting and starvation as means of weight control you have more problems than we can address here. You are also an insult to everyone who does suffer from bulimia and anorexia - they are diseases, not play toys.

Your attitude, by the way, is confrontational, and unnecessarily so. No one here deserves your attitude. We aren't your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I overweight [ 4 Answers ]

I am 12 years old I am 5 foot 3 and I weigh 120 pounds I play a lot of sports I run everyday . Do I need to lose weight?

Am I overweight? [ 11 Answers ]

I am 12 years old about to turn 13 in 10 weeks or so. I am 146cm or 147cm tall. I weigh around 41.5 or 42.5 It kind of changes when like I weigh myself and after I eat etc... I was wondering if I was overweight because I really don't want to be! So Am I overweight for my height?

Am I overweight? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a 13 year old girl and I weigh 43 kg . Is that healthy or am I overweight?

Am I overweight? [ 4 Answers ]

I am just wondering if I am MEDICALLY considered overweight, and not just by someone's opinion. I am 21, Five foot ten and three quarters inch tall, and I weigh 225 pounds, and I'm a guy, if that matters.

View more questions Search