Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apeybaby74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2013, 06:36 AM
    Garnishment reversal
    I received a garnishment reversal letter from the lawyer of the plaintiff saying that I was released from further liability in conjunction with this garnishment and any amounts withheld on or after March 12th shall be returned to me but then 3 weeks later I receive a letter saying they were going to garnish effective immediately if sufficient funds are available I checked and its for the same case number can they reverse it then change their mind? I'm so confused
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 12, 2013, 06:46 AM
    I suspect that you received a boilerplate first letter, and a clerk punched the wrong button on the computer when doing a large number of mailings.
    Unless you know of some reason why your account shouldn't be garnished?
    Can they do this? Sure... a court might be sympathetic if you sue (although I don't know the odds), but that will take a lot longer and cost you money, and meanwhile the garnishment will have started.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 12, 2013, 04:00 PM
    I'm guessing that the first garnishment was somehow faulty, so they fell back, regrouped, and did the garnishment again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vasectomy reversal [ 1 Answers ]

I've been looking into having this done I had the snip 6yrs ago I would like to know what is the rought percentage if it works .

Value Reversal [ 5 Answers ]

I left thought easily find another, did not. Girl met another and no longer interested. Suffering value reversal for someone I did not want and can't forgive her for what she has done... So much negative feelings of betrayal and loss of value... total value reversal. I was in the wrong, but...

Tubal reversal [ 1 Answers ]

I have had clips on my fallopian tubes for a little over a year now, I am divorced now and about to remarry and my new soon to be husband doesn't have any children of his own. We desperately want to have a child together! I haven't been able to find a doctor that is willing to do the reversal and...

Accounting with Reversal [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if someone could explain accounting with reverse? I have an assignment that I do not understand and I have tried to find examples like my problem on the internet without succeeding. If I could just get a better example and better explanation than the book provides, I will...

Vasectomy reversal [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what chances there is of getting pregnant when a vasectomy was done like 8 years ago and if there was a reversal now? Im not sure if there is a time when it is no longer possible for a reversal to work.

View more questions Search