Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    car4234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2013, 10:05 PM
    DV Harassment Misdemeanor 2011
    I am a RN and plead guilty to DV Harassment 7/2011.
    I completed 1 year of probation.
    I have been hired in a new position as a RN since this conviction.
    Now I am applying for another position. I was asked to agree to a
    Criminal background check and asked to disclose any misdemeanor or
    Felony convictions. I was in fact truthful and provided complete disclosure
    Of the conviction.
    Are there any laws to protect me as this was a result of an argument
    Between me and my asstranged husband at the time.
    Are there any known algorythms of how an employer determines
    Hirability of a person with such a conviction.
    The conviction was in Westminster, Colorado, Adams County.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 12, 2013, 02:18 AM
    No, there are none. There's the licensing board of each state first, to determine if you keep your license or not, and after that it's up to each employer. Nurses are in demand, and given the nature of your conviction, you should be able to find work. Whether this employer will hire you or not is anybody's guess. It may have as much to with how long you stay in one job and what references you get from employers as the record.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2013, 03:08 AM
    Normally if there are domestic violence charges, most health care providers will not hire. If they were aware of this up front and still hired you, you will be OK, since they know all the facts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexual Harassment [ 3 Answers ]

This morning I received a call from my boyfriend regarding his job, he told me that he'd been suspended for 3 days from his job and when I asked him why he told me his boss had reviewed the cameras and said he was making out with another coworker in the back room. We've been having problems in our...

I came to US Sep 2011 with H1B & my wife joined me in Oct 2011.what status? [ 3 Answers ]

I came to US Sep 2011 with H1B & my wife joined me in Oct 2011 with H4.what taxable married status? Do I am eligible to file as married jointly. This is my first time w2-file ?

My stay in US for 2011 is less than 2months. Will my 2011 tax get refunded? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I came to US on Nov 9 2011 on L1 Visa together with my wife(L2). Both of us got SSN. As my stay in 2011 is less than 2months. Will my Tax for 2011 get refunded? I am going to stay whole 2012 here. Appreciate if someone can advise me. Thanks. Cheers, Ganesh

Can I claim my son who will be coming to US in 2011 on my J1 2011 tax return, [ 1 Answers ]

I came to US in dec 2010 at that time my son had J2 visa but he was in India. He is coming in June 2011, can I claim him as my dependent in 2011 tax fillings.

Harassment /slander [ 1 Answers ]

I had a magazine write a story from my estranged husband, which was all lies, and I'm in court matters with ref him divorce/ injunctions and they gave all my details out in the magazine wher I lived my name pictures! They did not get in contact with myself1 to get my side of anything I feel I'm in...

View more questions Search