Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyneill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:28 AM
    91 Honda Civic - Temperature Gauge
    My 91 Honda Civic temperature gauge goes crazy sometimes - shoots right to hot. It has been doing this for the last 3 years, seemingly whenever it's damp and between -5 and 5 degrees celsius. We took it in immediately when it first happened, but 3 places, including a Honda dealer couldn't find anything wrong. We've been living with it ever since, but would like to know if any of you have any ideas... I'm just scared one day we shouldn't be ignoring it...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 07:46 AM
    1. Remove and clean the connector and sender unit. Afterwards, spray with WD-40.
    2. If the problem doesn't stop, replace the sender unit. Should the problem still persist, replace the gauge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 1998 Honda Accord Ex Temperature Jumps Up And Down [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody.. I have a 98 honda accord coupe ex v-6 with 87000 miles on it.. the problem I'm having is sometimes when the car is in drive or park for a few minutes the temperature gauge will go really high like the car is running hot.. the fans will come on but the gauge will still be really...

91 Honda Civic Overheating? Engine Cool, Gauge High. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Need some serious help. I've been having some erratic temp gauge issues for about a month now. The heat would be hot and cold a bit. Then the top radiator hose blew out... fixed that, replaced the back hose as well. Filled and bled the system for about an hour (not sure if its right) and...

2003 Honda Civic - Temperature Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I have a 2003 Honda civic Si 2 door coupe with 132,000 kms on it. My problem is that I cannot get the car to get up to the normal running temperature with my blower on high. If I leave the blower off, or on low setting, and drive the car, it will get to the normal running temperature,...

92 honda civic dx [ 3 Answers ]

There is no fire from the distributor on this car/. Replace distributor, rotor cap and button, and new spark plugs. Still no fire what's up with this. Please what can I check.

View more questions Search