Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hespi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2013, 09:21 PM
    Is there a statue of limitations on car loans
    Hello, we used to own a construction company in 1994-95. One of our workers got a loan on one of our work trucks. The worker left, the company closed and long story short, the loan was never paid off. We now have a truck with no title. My question is, I really need to sell it, is there a way to do so without the title and is there a statue of limitations on that loan.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 11, 2013, 12:41 AM
    I don't understand - you owned the truck outright and allowed an employee to take out a loan somewhere else, using it as collateral?

There could be a judgment against the worker for all you know.

Apply for missing title at your DMV if you don't know who wrote the loan. I don't really get gist of this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2013, 03:16 AM
    Does not make since, since he can not borrow money on YOUR truck, you borrow the money, did you sell him the truck ? And then take it back ?

Please explain this in more detail. But no without a title you can not sell it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the statue of limitations for an impounded car sold w/o your knowledge? [ 3 Answers ]

Our car was stolen while parked in our driveway. It was reported stolen. We received a call from the police department shortly afterwards asking if we retreived our car from a company that picked it up as abandoned. We tried getting it back, but they said they sent us notification and heard...

Statue of limitations on personal loans [ 1 Answers ]

I loaned someone $914 in North Carolina what is the SOL there? She paid 2 payments of $50, and then no more since.

Is there a statue on default student loans [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a statue on default student loans

Florida Statue of Limitations - car accident [ 1 Answers ]

On 9/15/2008 a lawsuit was filed against me in Duval County, Florida for a car accident that occurred on 9/17/2004. I do not know the duration of the Statue of Limitations in Florida for this kind of litigation. Both the Plantiffs and the Defendant (me) are residents of St. Johns County,...

View more questions Search