Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tanya0618 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2013, 04:25 PM
    1 year old pit
    Female pitbull stop eating and only drinks a little water and up until recently she has always had a healthy appetite
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 04:39 PM
    How long has this been going on? How old is the dog? Have you consulted a vet about this?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
    It could be a lot of things... It could be just an upset tummy.. she could have ate something.. she could just have the 24hr crud... If she's not spayed, it could be pyometra..

There are a lot of variables as to why your dog is not eating. You could try feeding her some yogurt to see if you can get her appetite back.. but you really should go and see the vet. It could be serious, it could be not so serious.. better safe than sorry...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 2 year old male lab and a 2 1/2 year old female pit bull [ 6 Answers ]

I am getting a female lab pup this week, and am wondering the best way to introduce the new pup. The two dogs are friendly I just do not want them to get territorial and hurt the puppy. Is there any advice out there? I will be setting her up in a kennel first to let them check her out in the house...

My 2 year old Pit Bull Just started pooping in the house. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I have a 2 year old boxer/Pitbull mix who I have had since he was a puppy. We house broke him by the time he was about 7 or 8 months old and he had not had an accident in the house since then. This is until last week when I came home from class to find he had pooped in his room and then...

I have a 2 year old pit who throws up all the time, mostly after drinking water. [ 4 Answers ]

Ive had her for almost a year and she has done this the entire time. She was a rescue dog and has some other minor issue with skin. Not sure if alergy or just left over from serious mange when she was a little pup. I asked the vet but they didn't seem to pay much attention. She serioulsy throws...

7 year old pit bull [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My name is Brad and I'm new here. I have a question about my 7 year old pitbull. He is in heat because we have a 9 month old girl who just started her period. My question is. What do I do if my dog will not eat while in heat? I know the vet is the best thing to do but I just had spine...

Recently got a 4 year old pit bull [ 6 Answers ]

Three days ago I went and picked up a 4 year old pit bull and the pit bull weighs 90 pounds real health she is also fixed can't have pups my only concern is that she is not ate nothing but a hotdog so far and its been 3 days she is drinking water as she needs it the temp outside has been fairly hot...

View more questions Search