Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    EDIT: I see OP being rejected or ignored by classmates, and now I do believe this is "in your face" dressing. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ol-707429.html
    Even negative attention is something, especially when you can't get positive attention from anyone, i.e. fellow classmates or authority figures.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2013, 10:31 AM
    - and I agree. It's for the attention, any attention.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 12:01 PM
    Rejection brings out the anger in some.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 12:05 PM
    If dressing emo is really so important to you, do it after school and on weekends. One thing you have to learn in life is that no matter what you want, there are certain rules you have to follow. At school it's a dress code. When you get a job you'll have a dress code too. It's all to prepare you for being a grownup.

In other words, you can dress emo on your time, but when you're in school you have to follow their rules, and you should have enough respect to do so.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2013, 02:14 PM
    And I'd throw in a note about the opinion of the parents, too.

And if the OP is this unhappy in middle school he really needs to speak to someone - a counsellor, a clergyperson, a relative, a Physician.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    And I'd throw in a note about the opinion of the parents, too.

And if the OP is this unhappy in middle school he really needs to speak to someone - a counsellor, a clergyperson, a relative, a Physician.
    I agree.

The teen years are tough, much tougher than it was for our generation. Bullying is at an all time high, and teens are at an all time low. Talking to someone is the best course of action, before this accelerates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I skip a grade in middle school to go to high school by taking a test online? [ 10 Answers ]

How can I skip a grade in middle school to go to high school by taking a test online?

Middle School [ 17 Answers ]

I'm starting middle school this fall and I want some advice on how to handle it, I've read all the books and websites, but I need more! Confused

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Do emo girls like emo guys? [ 32 Answers ]

I absolutely adore emo girls. I'm 17yo and don't look all that emo, but I am. Do I have to dress emo to get them to like me?

Does emo guys like non-emo girls? [ 4 Answers ]

Guys, does emo boys ever like non-emo girls. I'm not emo, but I every guy that I like has been emo. Do they like non-emo girls?

View more questions Search