Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kjennings5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 03:43 PM
    I was married to the best man in the world
    Well basically I was married to the best man in the world! January 11th of this year he took his life. Leaving me and our 2 children, I was very hurt and broken hearted, but I started to feel OK and accept everything, and now I feel like I've list everything I feel like I am nothing I don't ever leave the house anymore I never smile and I'm always in a bad mood. What is wrong with me?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 9, 2013, 03:45 PM
    You're grieving, and depressed. It's common after losing someone you love, especially when they take their own life.

Have you and your children sought out therapy to help deal with this?
    Kjennings5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You're grieving, and depressed. It's common after losing someone you love, especially when they take their own life.

Have you and your children sought out therapy to help deal with this?

No, I haven't talked to anyone but my parents and my sister. They told me to talk to a psychiatrist.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 9, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjennings5 View Post
    No, I haven't talked to anyone but my parents and my sister. They told me to talk to a psychiatrist.
    I would seek the help of a grief counselor, not only for yourself, but your children as well.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 9, 2013, 03:55 PM
    It's a difficult thing that you're going through and you do need professional help to get you and your children through it.

Please take that step.

Good luck and I wish you the best.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2013, 09:11 AM
    I'm a widow - you are going through a terrible, terrible experience that no one is prepared to face. And death by suicide? Even worse, I would guess, than death by accident/illness - if there can be a worse!

You are grieving. That's why you don't leave the house, that's why you don't smile. It's only three months. You still to a certain extent must be in shock.

You need to find someone who will listen to you - not necessarily give you advice. Listen. When I thought my World had collapsed the people on AMHD "listened" and kept me in their thoughts, and it was very helpful.

They know who they are.

I can't imagine explaining to children that their father took his own life, "best man in the world" or not.

I'm so sorry -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A married woman has an affair and gets pregnant by a married man. Married man agrees [ 2 Answers ]

A married woman has an affair and gets pregnant by a married man. Married man agrees to let woman's husband be the "father" believing it is in the best interest of the baby and all involved. Later, man finds out that husband bailed on baby and woman gets on drugs. Woman then gives baby up for...

Child support -married man with other married woman -rights given up -agreed by both [ 7 Answers ]

My husband's infidelities has caught up with him and he now has an infant from another married woman. He has legally given up his parental rights as agreed between both himself and the other woman. She has taken him for child support and the court date is within the next few weeks. Will he have to...

Day man in the middle est dating a married man. Please help [ 3 Answers ]

hi guys.. well I hate to say this but now I am in the middle of a similar situation.. I am canadian moved to the middle east, met a man for a random sex, he was incredibly hot in bed... and we clicked, and since then it has been love emails, songs, cards, choclates, u name it. he has been...

Middle aged Gay Man in love with a married straight man [ 30 Answers ]

I've lived a long time and had many experiences but this one is driving me crazy. In my younger days I've had bedded straight married men and didn't find it satisfying because I was in it for love and they were in it for sex. That was 25 years ago, now here I am 25 years older and wiser and find...

View more questions Search