Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frand1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 03:16 AM
    Daughter`s new boyfriend
    My daughter and I have a great relationship ,we`re more like brother and sister is it weird that I`m jealous of her new boyfriend. We go to concerts and other places together
    Jennifer5xx Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2013, 03:53 AM
    I don't think it's weird, probably just that you are protective of her and don't want to see her grow up. It's normal.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 9, 2013, 03:54 AM
    Yes and no.
    All fathers are expected to have twinges of jealousy or concern about their daughters growing up. They want to meet boyfriends and ask questions. But when the jealousy is over time spent 'hanging out' together, that is somewhat out of the realm of a good father-daughter relationship.
    Do you think you can curb your feelings for her sake? She can't be your little girl forever, and she has a right to follow the usual path of finding a man her own age with whom she might have a long future and family of her own.
    Please answer back, and also tell us if you and she are the only family in your household. Maybe we can help you find someone your age if her mother is gone.

Apr 10, 2013, 03:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer5xx View Post
    I don't think it's wierd, probably just that you are protective of her and don't want to see her grow up. It's normal.
    Thank you for your help

Apr 10, 2013, 03:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Yes and no.
    All fathers are expected to have twinges of jealousy or concern about their daughters growing up. They want to meet boyfriends and ask questions. But when the jealousy is over time spent 'hanging out' together, that is somewhat out of the realm of a good father-daughter relationship.
    Do you think you can curb your feelings for her sake? She can't be your little girl forever, and she has a right to follow the usual path of finding a man her own age with whom she might have a long future and family of her own.
    Please answer back, and also tell us if you and she are the only family in your household. Maybe we can help you find someone your age if her mother is gone.
    Hi, yes my partner is still around ,it`s just that my daughter and I had a bond for years and I afraid I will lose her ,but thank you for the advice I will try to curb my jealousy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I need to kick out my daughter, her daughter and her boyfriend. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old only child living at home with her baby and her boyfriend. She doesn't do anything I ask and has a lame excuse on why she can't. She doesn't take care of her daughter. She doesn't clean up after herself or her baby. My house looks like a daycare. They don't pay rent. I'm done...

My daughter want to see her ex boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My 17year old daughter's boyfriend recently broke of with her she really doesn't know why all he tells her is he is going to hurt her. She has tried texting and calling him but he doesn't respond now she wants to take her to go talk to him. I told her I didn't think that it was a good idea....

Boyfriend may have a daughter [ 55 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend and I have been together for eight years and have 2 children together, we both work but are struggling to make ends meet, He also has a child support order for his oldest son. A woman is now coming out and asking him for a paternity test for her 12 year old daughter because the...

My daughter's boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is pregnant and her boyfriend, the father of her baby is controlling verbaly abusive. They broke up last night and I'm glad. Will they get back together? Will he be at the birth? Will she give the baby his last name? Will he go away out of her and the baby's life forever? I hope!

View more questions Search