Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheenab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 05:49 PM
    My dog has been acting anxious lately and panting a lot.
    Hello, my dog has been acting anxious lately and panting a lot. This "episode" seems to subside when I take her out for a walk. But, as soon as we get back into the house this starts all over again. Also, if I leave she is showing signs of anxiety by crying and scratching the door- which she has never done before.

My husband and I rescued her a year ago. She is approximately 4-6 years of age and is a terrier of some sort. She kind of looks like a Cairn Terrier but her breed cannot be determined.

I would appreciate any advice you can provide.

Thanks!
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2013, 08:06 PM
    Some dogs suffer from anxiety as they age. Sounds like she is one of them.

You could try increasing her exercise and see if that helps her deal with her anxiety better... You can also try some natural remedies such as Rescue Remedy or Melatonin. If you don't want to go that route, you can always speak with your vet about anti-anxiety meds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog is panting restless anxious [ 1 Answers ]

Whys my 2 yr old dog Penny panting shaking acting restless and nervous for no good reason? Im really nervous for her and I don't know how to calm her down.:confused:

My dog is acting anxious... [ 2 Answers ]

The night before last he woke me up barking. When I opened the door to let him in he just ran back and forth... ocassionally shaking his head. I brought him in... and he continued to pant and bark. Last night I kept him inside and put a gate up to keep him confined in a couple of rooms......

My dog is panting, excessive drooling, whining, acting like his back end hurts. Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I took him to the vet yesterday and he seems to think he may have hurt his back. He gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine to give to him before we go with the x-ray option. I've given him two pills and he seems to still be the same. He's drinking water, eating somewhat normal and going to the...

My dog hasn't eaten in 3 days, she is panting a lot and is limping [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here. I have an 8 year old sheppard/lab mix. She is a great dog but 5 days ago she started limping, panting and now hasn't eaten in 3 days. She wants to go out side but just lays on the deck. She doesn't want to play at all. She keeps licking her thigh. She has had a mass on her tummy...

Panting dog [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine just moved off the street to another house. Her dog is about 11 yrs old. Roxie(dog) is not used to new house, he is only been in it for 4 days and she brought him to my house because she had to go out of town over the weekend. He started to pant and I thought he was having a...

View more questions Search