Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 03:17 AM
    TV with Blank screen and White squiggly lines
    Hi there

I have a 7 year old TV that's generally been working fine. However recently the screen went dead and all you can see now are white/grey squiggly lines. The sound is fine.

I've tried turning the power completely off then restarting the TV after several hours. The power comes on, the screen is black except for the white squiggly lines all over the place. The sound comes through fine, but then after a few seconds the TV shuts itself off.

Any ideas what might be causing this? If it's a major thing then I won't bother getting it repaired, but I hadn't really planned on buying a new TV just yet so it's a bit of a bummer.

Thanks,

Dee
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 21, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Your best bet is to get a repair estimate, then weight the cost of the repair with the cost of a new TV.:)
    dkta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC888
    Your best bet is to get a repair estimate, then weight the cost of the repair with the cost of a new TV.:)

Thanks for that inspired piece of advice

:)
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 21, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Your welcome. :D

Honestly though, the problem your experiencing is not easy to diagnose without taking it apart. And since high voltages are involved, that would be dangerous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

Monitor screen blank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension XPS-B533r. The PC starts, but beeps three times. The power button on the PC is not lit but the fan is running and there is an orange light on the cpu that is lit. The monitor turns on but the screen remain black. The status light on the monitor is flashing green. The monitor...

Blank screen [ 3 Answers ]

While on the internet my computer froze up and when I did control alt delete my screen went blank with all wavy lines. I shut the machine off and sbooted up again only to get the blank screen with wavy lines. No matter what I try I cannot get to my desktop. Can anyone help? :eek:

Blank screen at start-up [ 2 Answers ]

At each cold start, the screen remains blank. Only after two restarts or resets, screen comes up and everything works correctly.? Have put in another videocard (GF2) and then monitor display came up at first try. Then tried my videocard (GF4Ti4200) in another PC and worked properly as well....

Blank screen at start up [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I recently swopped hardware of a P133 PC with that of a P200 PC. What I really changed was the processor of the p200 and move a hard/dr from a P100. After connected properly, the screen just became blank. I have checked the memory modules, the h/d and all. Could the processors be dead? But...

View more questions Search