Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megdog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 03:04 AM
    Dental braces gone wrong
    My Daughter had braces fitted on the NHS when she was about 12 years old. She had the braces on for about 4 years. After having the braces removed she was given a retainer and followed all the advice given to her, but the teeth have gone really crooked, especially the two front teeth [ one sticks forward more than the other]. We took her back to the orthodontist and he said that we would have to pay to have further treatment and that there was no guarantee that it would work. We cannot afford to pay thousands of pounds for the treatment and are not willing to raise the money if there are no guarantees that it would work. My daughter is now 17 years old and really distressed about the condition of her teeth. Is there any action that we can take against the orthodontist or can we get restorative treatment on the NHS?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 04:08 AM
    In most cases, results are not promised, did they offer any reasons for this to have happened

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GEHA High Option Federal Dental Plan & BRACES? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a little confused!:confused: i'm suppose to be getting braces either this month or sometime in march maybe & we have geha federal dental insurance the high option plan & i was wondering if i got invisalign how much would it cost for just the top teeth since my bottom teeth are mostly...

I had braces once before when I was 15... [ 3 Answers ]

But my retainer kept breaking or I didn't wear it and if I get braces again it will cost me 700 ! Is that correct shouldn't I get it for free ? Through the NHS

Dental school that will remove braces without records [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any dentist, even at a dental school, that will remove my braces without prior records from my orthodontist?

Dental work inexpensive at Dental Schools? [ 1 Answers ]

In the Raleigh-Cary area, do any of the Dental Schools offer inexpensive routine care for seniors on a tight budget? Thank you, Bob

Braces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question can you drink beer.while having braces on? Thanks you

View more questions Search