Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miketctlane Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2013, 09:17 AM
    Toshiba satellite wifi problems
    I have a toshiba satellite c655-s5504 I turn on the network, I have all the drivers and even press the fn command to turn on wifi on the key boards and I can't get the wifi to work on it. Help please!
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

May 25, 2013, 07:57 AM
    What kind of error message are you getting? If you go to control panel -> all control panel items -> network and sharing center -> change adapter settings. What is the status of the wireless adapter?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Jun 17, 2013, 05:17 AM
    Hardware, Drivers or Settings?

Firstly try looking for a manual botton/switch in front or on the sides on the laptop to switch the wireless radio on or off.

Secondly try the microsft Fixit tools, found here:
    Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

That should do the trick, if not:

Try:

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type: cmd in the Start Search text box.
    3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request
    4. Type: sfc /SCANNOW in the Command Prompt shell, and hit Enter
    5. Restart the computer

Hope this helps
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear wifi Modem problems [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is: my netgear wifi modem has suddenlly(a few months ago) gone super slow but it is wired to my computer which has fast internet (speeds are 1.5-2.1mbps) which is fast in australia condiering our 3rd world country lines. While our wireless devices get 18-47kbps which is unbearable. I...

Wifi vs Wireless and AT&T's Free Wifi Service [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I'm computer illiterate, and have a few questions. Please feel free to explain the most basic details. :) One, is wifi the same as a home wireless internet connection? If I disable Wireless Zero Configuration, could someone still utilize my free public wifi service at hotspots? ...

Satellite TV [ 4 Answers ]

Can my lanlord evict me or take down my satellite in a private apartment bldg first the superintendent told me I can't have it now he says I can but outside my window but not on the roof where it is currently installed what are my rights?

Audio Problems with Toshiba Satellite M105-S322 [ 1 Answers ]

About a 1 1/2 weeks ago my sound starting "hanging" and skipping, so it sounds like the audio stutters. Sound will play correctly for about 40 seconds and then starts stuttering again. Help, and thank you!

View more questions Search