Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jmelinette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 09:14 AM
    Quiz
    A weight of 8 N is located 10 cm from the fulcrum on the beam of a simple balance. What weight should be placed at 5 cm from the fulcrum on the opposite side in order to balance the system?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 06:17 AM
    Have you learned how to calculate torque? If you use the fact that for a balance beam to be in equilibrium the sum of torques about the balance point must equal zero you should get the answer. Post back with your attempt and we'll help if you get stuck, but you must show us your work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance Quiz [ 3 Answers ]

True of False (1-18) 1. An increase in the yields on T-Bill and other securities should depress the price of common stock. 2. Capital gains taxes are paid only after the profits have been realized. 3. An increase in required return will tend to increase the value of a stock. 4. The use...

Maths quiz [ 1 Answers ]

A number is divided by 10 the reminder is 9--the same number is divided by 9 the reminder is 8--the same number is divided by 8 the reminder is 7 ---like this the same number is divided by 7 the reminder is 6--divided by 6 reminder 5--divided by 5 reminder 4--divided by 4 reminder 3--divided by 3...

Why can't I get a boyfriend quiz? [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm 18 and have a son but I have so much high expectations on guys now that I'm a mother I feel I ask for too much is that bad?

Quiz Of The Year ? [ 2 Answers ]

What a Challenge? SEE:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/12/26/nquiz26.xml&DCMP=EMC-new_26122005

View more questions Search