Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bmatt0622 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 06:48 AM
    Cervical cancer? Endometreosis? In pain need help now. Obgyn office closed apt in1wk
    Ok off and on for a year now I have had irregular bleeding. 2-3 periods a months and or spoting inbetweens and constant discharge. I have had two c-sections and my tubal done 2 years ago June 3rd on my last child birth same time as. Now the last few mo.ths I have been having lower left abdomin pain off and on. A month ago it got more freaquent so I went to er as obgyn was closed. The doctor then said possible ibfection in tubes and or cist on ovaries and sent me home with pain meds and anibiotics. This last Easter Sunday the pain got worse I went back to er. Same doctor was there this tine different diagnosis of endometreosis. The last three days the pain has been constant non stop with nausua vomitting and the feeling.of pressure where a wonan would have.normal period cramps. I am hurting and throwing up and pain meds and antibiotics are not helping. What could it be and what can I do. Please save the you should have seen your.obgyn sooner. I know I should have but some peiple can not afford to.go.to the.doctors being a.stay at ho
    e.mother.of two. Also bleed when have sex hurts when have sex. Please help and I hope I'm in the right area. Would like responses from professionals please. Have has a lot of people tell me what they THINK it is. Thank you for you help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2013, 07:44 AM
    It is foolish and dangerous to give medical advice without examining the patient.

If you want only a professional opinion you need to call your Physician after hours, go to the ER, go to an open health care center.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 07:50 AM
    While I am a professional in the field, Judy is correct. You need to see a medical professional as there are tests that need to be performed, i.e. lab tests, ultrasounds, etc. in order to give you a clear picture of what is going on with you.

Apr 7, 2013, 07:55 AM
    That is why I asked for professionals advise... I hear different things from people and web md that I do not assume is correct. However the information of my side affects on any not is not giod regardless... I am just in so much pain right now... and I have no way to try to get an emergency obgyn apt until Monday if they will even see me. And the hydrocodien, antibiotics,watm baths, push fluids water, etc. Nothing is helping.. The er will and can only do so much for my problem. I geuss.they don't see it.as that serious. And I feel like something bad is going to happen. The best way to desribe is.I feel like I am in labor again but worse

Apr 7, 2013, 07:58 AM
    I have had all lab work tests etc done. The only thing the et wouldn't do.is what I need done and that's an ultra sound... pretty much since I'm not pregnant they believe it is a minor.problem I am geussing. You would think when a woman goes to the er.repeatedly and all test come back great and she.is.in pain something is wrong
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 07:59 AM
    I have given you professional advice. Go back to the ER if your office is closed. There is nothing we can do via the internet.

I would need to run blood work, urine, ultrasound, possibly CT scan. I can't do that over the internet. You could have a tubal pregnancy, but I can't determine that online, it has to be done live... in person.

Apr 7, 2013, 08:05 AM
    Oh OK you are an actual expert. And sorry I posted that before I read your post. Thank you. Is there anything I can tell the er to get them to do something... more
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 08:15 AM
    Yes, I am an RN working in the women's health field and work on an as needed basis in the ER.

The ER is there to stabilize the patient, not always to cure or diagnose. You need to understand that first and foremost. They are there to assist you with your current complaints and it is your responsibility to follow up with your health care provider for a more complete diagnosis and treatment.

What more do you want them to do? They are only responsible to treat your current pain/complaint.

I understand that you did not follow up with your primary care provider as you should have, and I do understand why, don't get me wrong. However, the ER is there to treat emergencies and should never be replaced as a primary care doctor. As bad as it sounds, we are there to treat you and street you unless you need a higher level of care and require a transfer to another facility or an admission to the facility in which you visited.

The problem herein lies that you seem to be using the ER as a clinic, it is not.

What you need to do, since your pain level seems to be a 10 out of 10, is to go back to the ER, describe your pain, be treated for it, explain that you have an appointment with your doctor in one week, if you do (sorry if I missed that), and ask how you can handle the pain for week until you can get into the doctor's office.

Apr 7, 2013, 08:24 AM
    Yes mam you are correct about it all. I wish to use my regular doctor obgyn but the only times I am able to go to doctor are when the.husband is off work. He works 7 10's. Doctors are not open when I have a sitter and a vehicle. We only have one. He drives four hours to work and four hours back therfor I can not drive him to work. So as you can see things are more complicated as they seem. Also I of course didn't want to go to obgyn when it first started figured it would go away and at same time afraid of what it was. I know that sounds stupid and it is my fault for.not making an apt sooner so.hubby could take off work. I just felt lime I was being a baby about nothing...

Apr 7, 2013, 08:25 AM
    Thank you for your help any suggestions what I should do.to help myself until my doc apt.. And the pain meds are not helping at all
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 08:35 AM
    No, you are not "being a baby," you are in pain. That's totally and completely understandable. You need treatment, you need a proper diagnosis. An ER is not really going to give you that. There is much more involved with your condition than an ER can diagnose and/or treat. ER stands for Emergency Room. They are going to treat the Emergency, not the long term condition that you appear to be having. That's why we have primary care doctors whether it be a family physician, OB, etc. The ER is only going to help you get through your immediate concerns, not treat you for the long term. You are doing a disservice to yourself and others by using the ER as a clinic.

There is a chance you might be experiencing a tubal pregnancy, kidney problems, cervical issues, uterine or ovarian cysts... the list goes on and on. For now, go to the ER to have your current pain decreased and maybe get a quick follow up appointment with your medical professional or a referral to a different one. Unfortunately I can offer no more advice.

Apr 7, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Tubal pregnancies usually test positive though right? Because my tests came back negative. Whatever the problem is.I know now it is not good. I'm sorry if.it.deels like.I used the er. That wasn't my intention. Only that something was wrong and I had.to wait on hubby to get home to be able to seek medical attention. I only went 3 times in this year. The problem seemed to go away every time I got antibiotics and with the er doctors telling me cist there was nothing.else I needed to do. The problem was diagnosed and treated.. the didferenxe the last two times where the fillowing. The first hubby got home and I went to er for.pain. The other was easter.sunday and obgyn doctors where closed.that is why I made the apt... but in he meantime I am waiting on the apt and suffering... but.its my.fault and I take the.blame... But.I do want to tell you thank you so much for.your help and advise especially since ita prob not.your.job to be online and.give.it we woman and men really appreciate it
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2013, 10:11 AM
    J9, she is taking pain medication - ?

Apr 7, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Yes I am judy.thank you... it eases the pain nun what so ever and they are.narcotics at that
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Prescribed by your Physician, I trust?

Is the pain any better tonight?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2013, 06:19 PM
    I agree with the others that diagnosing you on line is not possible and would be really irresponsible. Given the vomiting and extreme pain, and the possibility that the symptoms you are experiencing may not all be related, your husband should take you to the ER immediately. Tell them all your symptoms and that you at least want to rule out anything that could be an emergency like appendicitis or a tubal pregnancy.

You must, though, follow up with your regular doctor also. Perhaps you will have to rent a car for one day so you can go to the doctor, or hire a taxi or ask a neighbor to take you. Bring the kids if you must - tell the doctor in advance that you have no child care and must bring them and they can probably have someone watch the kids for a moment while you have your exam. It's not ideal but do what you have to do and be extremely appreciative - don't make a habit of it, but if it's that or no doctor, just bring them.

I had endometriosis and it can cause the bleeding and pain you are describing. But while I had endometriosis, I also had an appendicitis attack - it can be multiple things. So, you can't make presumptions based on what you read. The internet is good for researching what your doctor has already told you, but it's terrible for self-diagnosis.

Apr 7, 2013, 06:36 PM
    Yes mam I already have a pain medication prescription for my back. Not to mention when I went to the er they perscribed me more. The pain is actually a little better tonight although I have had to take double my pain meds. My tollernce could be up from having to take thwm for my back pain on a daily basis as it is is the only thing I can think of why they are not workinf. But when I doubled up it eased off from a 10 to like a 6 pain level. Barable for now.
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 06:37 PM
    May I ask what you are taking for pain?

Apr 7, 2013, 06:45 PM
    'Don't know nothing nice name choice. Lol. The vomitting only started this morning. I had a talk with my mother she said it could be from when I was in so much pain. I feel nausea only when I'm hurting extremely. But yes I agree about.internet information that is why I was hoping to find professional help on here. I just researched free medical doctors online and this was one of the sites that seemed real non fake and possible lagit. Knowing the internet you never know what site you are getting on if it is a giod one ir bad. Taxi service is out of the question our city has no taxi service only rlthe city that is 30 miles away... in witch just for them to drive all the way here I can not afford. However I plan on seeing my doctor as plabned Wednesday. That is all I can do. I am going to wait.it out and suck it up like usual.
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 06:52 PM
    What are you taking for pain?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pelvic pain with endometreosis? [ 0 Answers ]

I am almost 32 and have severe endo and reoccurring ovarian cysts. I am in unbearable pain today and nothing I mean nothing not even otc pain meds are helping. Should I go to the hospital or just deal with it?

Cervical cancer [ 17 Answers ]

I am so confused about cervical cancer. Firstly how do men get the virus to pass it on? Is it through sex? Because, I am planning to have sex with someone, we are both virgins. He has never had or given oral to anyone which I am sure can spread something. Obviously has kissed other people (...

Cervical cancer [ 3 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pregnant and was told by my doctor that I may have cervical cancer. They are going to check me with a scope next week and then do a biopsy after I have the baby. Will the baby be okay? Has anyone else had this problem. Oh, and I am 22 if that matters.

View more questions Search