Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mchilders Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 12:39 AM
    Covering up old ugly wood paneling in a 5th wheel trailer
    I am trying to make a ugly dark trailer bright and cherry.my idea is vinyl wall cover ing different styles for each area.anyone out there have any ideas you want to share with me.and I need to do new window covering as well
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 7, 2013, 12:43 AM
    Paint actually makes old paneling look good. Wallpaper will just show the lines.
    Ratchet Spanner Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Feb 15, 2014, 03:24 PM
    Have used a vinly textured wall covering with great success. The texture covers the panel groves and gaps and minor irregularities on the wall. It can even be painted over and it goes on just like wallpaper.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2014, 08:35 AM
    Yup! I absolutely agree with Ratchet...textured wallpaper is great stuff for hiding imperfections in regular wallboard OR covering old paneling. I'm also a big fan of the textured look...can be subtle or very strong textures, so can really show some personality with this stuff! The window covering can be pretty plain if you use textured wallpaper...;)

Mark
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2014, 04:40 PM
    Put joint compound in the paneling grooves, let dry and put the vinyl over that. Works well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strip wood paneling [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to strip the paint off the wood panelling in my 1946 home's walls to return them to their original state?

Wood paneling [ 3 Answers ]

I have spent so much money remodeling my mobil home and now Im wanting to change the wood paneling at the cheapest best way I can. My husband doesn't recommend wallpaper says It won't last as long as painting an doesn't think I should do anything to the lines in the paneling. I do not want the...

Ugly paneling! [ 5 Answers ]

Can you dry wall over paneling? If so, what type of dry wall and how thick should it be. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Wood paneling [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a house with ugly brown wood panneling :( For a cost effective solution (for now) instead of ripping it down, can we paint it? How about white washing it? Would white washing it make it look more like birch? We have the northwoods theme going on so that might work. ANy advice...

Stripping wood paneling [ 2 Answers ]

I have cherry wood paneling in my family room. How do I strip it?

View more questions Search