Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Kepi, honey, just contact the Rabbi. Don't worry about speaking to a surgeon or about a circumcision right now. The Rabbi will speak to you about that and many other things. Do some more delving into the religion and find out from the Rabbi what it would take for you to convert. If you decide that reformed Judaism is the right religion for you, as far as I know, there is nothing that states that you HAVE to be circumcised. But, the Rabbi can and will talk to you about it.
    jackill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 11:51 AM
    To Kepi, as opposed to other religions Judaism does not claim to be the solution for all the problems of humanity but only to act as an example for human behavior. That refers to Judaism but not to Jews. The Jews have suffered through the generations as payment for their wrong doings. To be a chosen people does not mean you get more presents. It means if your behavior is not according to the five books of Moses you pay a heavy price. You can achieve the world to come by obeying the natural moral human laws as loving your fellow man and taking responsibilities in hand without taking on Judaism. I am sure that if you decide to attend a reform synagogue as a non Jew they will be happy to accommodate you. God wants people to be good not Jewish. As humans we are all brothers and one of thr precepts of the bible is "you shall love the stranger, as you have been strangers in the land of Egypt". This is a law for the Jews, and if they do not fulfil it they are again doomed to be punished. Through all time the state of Israel has always given a helping hand to countries throughout the world in their times of difficulties and disaster. Even though the Arabs are killing us left right and center, we have Arabs from all the countries that hate us in our hospitals generally free of charge. This what the bible meant by love the stranger. Taking on Judaism properly has many demands. Many people have taken on Judaism but this is not the idea of Judaism. You do not get extra points you however carry a heavier load. jackill
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Dec 13, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Just to clarify something, circumcision and immersion in the ritual bath are both required for a proper conversion. If you chose to "convert" without them (meaning, to follow a reform process) don't expect to be accepted within chunks of the Jewish community. Neither is a tradition; both are law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Islam and Judaism [ 60 Answers ]

Peace and love to everyone I want to understand the difference between Islam and Judaism, there roots between the children of Abraham, who is the founder of all 3 faiths (Judaism, Chriostianity and Islam) to one God Almighty, and the Ka'Baa.. Can someone explain what Isaac and Jacob have to...

The Koran and Judaism [ 8 Answers ]

Hezbollah leader, Nasrallah states that the Koran says that if Muslim people kill Jewish people, they will get 7 virgins and go to heaven. Im almost sure there is nothing like this in the Koran. Can you please verify this for me? Thanks a lot

Judaism [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find information concerning the History of Key Sacred Texts of Judaism?and how would I teach this information to a younger person between the ages of 9-14?

Power sector reform in india [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what is the impact of powe sector reform in India .Whether such reforms are successful in any other country.

1996 reform party perot/cheney/dole [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible that Cheney knew Dole was going to lose in 1996, so he switched his vote to Ross Perot so that he could have the Reform Party's support when it was his turn in 2008? Where is Cheney quoted to be voting for Perot or Dole?

View more questions Search