Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richmond1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Type of Diamonds, manmade, etc
    I was on eBay and found a ring. With all the new types of diamonds around, manmade, manufactured, etc it showed the stone details as Diamond: Natural (earthed). Is this so you know that it is not a man made diamond or manufactured, but one that has been mined by humans.
    It is all so confusing these days.
    Does Natural (earthed) mean a diamond found in a mine or mined and not man made?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Mar 21, 2007, 05:53 PM
    I would take a "Natural (earthed)" diamond to be one found in a mine. Or, rather a naturally occurring diamond. It is probably not man made, unless they are lying to you (which is also possible). It at one time had been in contact with the ground, meaning it was "earthed".

Let's hope they didn't manufacture it and then throw it on the ground. Hahahaha

Good luck and for future reference, I wouldn't buy expensive jeweled pieces online unless it's reputable. And while Ebay is at times reputable, there are still people who beat the system.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 28, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Natural diamonds are usually hallmarked with a certain mark; any diamonds coming from Norfthern Canada have a small polar bear on them. If diamonds are being sold they must say they are certified.

I have to say this because I got such a chuckle out of it, your comment 'mined by humans' I almost wanted to say, 'no, mined by aliens'.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 04:30 AM
    Mined by Monkeys!

That reminds me of monkey picked tea! :)
    Monkey Picked Tea

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Size of Diamonds [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah! Im in the process of ring shopping, but I truly have little knowledge of what Im looking for. I would like to know the sizes up to to karat and half. Is .75 close to a karat? :confused:

Biggest Diamonds? [ 6 Answers ]

What's the biggest recored diamon din the world? And how much is it worth? Curiousity!!

Diamonds and testers [ 2 Answers ]

What other gems can test positive as a diamond with a diamond tester white topaz,white sapphire??

Diamonds Commercial Song! HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I do not know which diamonds commercial it is, but its where the husband gets up in the middle of the night and places the necklace on his wife's neck, and the song goes: "I want to tell you that im always thinking of you. but i can't find the right words to say" Does anyone know the title...

View more questions Search