Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetprincess4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Correcting entries
    Which accounts would I use to correct an entry, where a bill was posted as being paid and later it was realized that the bill was paid with the owner's personal money?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
    The JE that was done:
    Dr. AP – Company 100
    Cr. Cash 100

What should have been done:
    Dr. AP – Company 100
    Cr. AP – Owner 100

What needs to be done:
    Dr. Cash 100
    Cr. AP – Owner 100

When you pay the owner his money,
    Dr. AP – Owner 100
    Cr. Cash 100

If you just go and pay him the cash today, you don't really even need a journal entry since the journal entry has already been made.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prepare correcting entries [ 2 Answers ]

The purchase of supplies on account for $550 was debited to equipment $55 and credited to accounts payable $55

Correcting scars [ 2 Answers ]

I cut myself for three years and now I have very noticeable scars all over my arms legs ankles and I don't know how to reduce their visibility or make them less obvious... any ideas?

Accounting - Correcting and Reversing Entries [ 1 Answers ]

Funds were entered into the wrong revenue account how do I correct this. The funds were receipted into a foreign revenue account and should have been received into a USD revenue account. How do I reverse and correct this? LiLi

Correcting entry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the inccorect entry correct entry and correcting entry The purchase on account of a computer that cost $3,000 was recorded as a debit to supplies and a credit to accounts payable for $3,000

Prepare correcting entries [ 1 Answers ]

1. A payment on account of $ 500 to a creditor was debited to accounts payable $320 and credited to cash $320 2. the purchase of supplies on account for $550 was debited to equipment $55 and credited to accounts payable $55 3. a $300 withdrawal of cash for r. Masi's personal use was debited...

View more questions Search