Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandy530 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Will a tankless water heater work for hydro-air in cold climates?
    We were told the water is too cold for efficient heating and then someone else said it would depend on our selecting the "right" tankless water heater. So what s the right one?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Selecting the "right" tankless is the key. You have two different conditions. One is if the system has been off a while & thus cooled off (water now at room temp). The other is maintaining hot enough water during a call for heat. The water going into the air handler needs to be at least 140*. Figuring on a 20-30* drop through the air handler, now you are talking about heating water from 110-120* back to 140 instead of heating 70* water to 140*.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless and regular hot water heater work together? [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a tankless hot water heater. It does supply endless hot water. But the pressure is diminished quite a bit I figure it's because I live in a 3 story semi. I went back to the regular hot water heater and kept my tankless also. The pressure is great now. My question is can I direct the...

Heater blowing cold air - turn up water heater? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello - my apartment heater is blowing cold air. I was told by maintenance folks to turn up my water heater (Rheem Model #42V50-65F Gas). It's already turned up almost to max, and I didn't have this problem over the last two winters. My water heater was recently replaced - could this be part of...

Tankless water heater air blocked [ 1 Answers ]

Error message 10 indicates blocked supply/exhaust. Re-filled propane tank to make sure adequate gas to unit. Flushed coils and cleaned water filter. Took off cover and blew out supply air and supply air fan, burners and around coils. Found some mud daubber wasps inside the unit. How do I take...

Connecting a tankless water heater and separate hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

What I have is this. An oil fired boiler that generates hot water for my house baseboard heating system. Contained within the boiler is a tankless heater that is heated by way of the firebox in the boiler. The tankless heater is used only for domestic hot water. It has a separate CW supply to the...

View more questions Search