Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moneal1990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2013, 07:55 PM
    Rotator cup
    I've pulled or hurt my rotator cup. I've had a cortisone shot. It helped for a bit. Now it hurts again. What can I do for relief? What helps? Ty
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2013, 10:03 PM
    Depends on the level of damage, the shot only helps for a while, is not a cure. Have they talked about surgery ? Have you had physcial theropy?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 5, 2013, 05:41 AM
    Rotator cuff is the correct term.
    Your doctor should tell you when you can start strengthening exercises, which are very specific.
    You might need a series of small amounts of cortisone for a while - obviously not too much. At home, keep warm and rested and don't do anything strenuous, BUT keep your arm moving gently as much as possible. Even if you are sitting, raise your arm and do slow turns in a circle. Take tylenol and/or ibuprofin.
    Start the special exercises when the doctor says to.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2013, 06:04 AM
    I would visit my sports therapist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in right rotator cuff, elbow and knots on same forearm [ 3 Answers ]

I have the very very bad pain in the rotator cuff area of my right arm at the back, pain in my elbow on the same side, knots on my forearm of the same arm... I also have the same type of pain in my left rotator cuff from time to time. What can this be? I also have interstitial/fibrosis lung...

Image Rotator Script [ 4 Answers ]

What javascript is used to rotate images from a directory on a webpage? This script constantly changes images without refreshing the page. Does anyone have a script similar to this desciption?

1 cup = 5 oz? [ 2 Answers ]

Just got a Sunbeam Coffee Maker. It states in the manual that (1 cup = 5 oz.). Who gave them the power to change a fundamental unit? That 5 is five oz. No wonder why the world is so screwed up. It's not a typo. Maybe it should have been: 1 Sbcoc = 5 oz. A Sbcc is a Sunbeam cup of coffee.

Rotator cuff [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am having dreadful pain for so many years in my shoulder, I have tried everything, my doc seems to say there is nothing that can be done,. I wonder does anyone have any help,. mike in ireland

View more questions Search