Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmoorefamily5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2013, 06:08 PM
    1099 umemployment
    I was hired as a Director for a Daycare Center. I didn't know that taxes wasn't going to be taken out of my check. It was my understanding after reading about 1099 (contracting) that if you use the employer's property, is told what your hours are and haven't agreed or signed an contract on length of work assignment you are actually an employee. I've spoken to my boss about taking taxes out. She says it will happen soon. Didn't get my 1099 yet and the deadline for submitting taxes is this month. There are a lot of other things going on that shouldn't be. Is there a deadline for paying into Social Security and other benefits. It was never agreed that I would be considered a contractor. I just need to know my rights.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2013, 10:11 AM
    Where did you get your info on what constitutes a 1099 employee? It is not correct.

If you haven't been a 1099 your employer has committed fraud by not taking out taxes as they were due. How does your employer intend to post/pay taxes for 2012 now that the year is over and the tax documents have been furnished to the Government.

If you don't have the 1099 simply declare what you have been paid without the 1099.

As far as a "lot of things going on that shouldn't be"... did you report these things before the argument/discussion about being a 1099 employee? Did you tell her every period that you are not a 1099 but thought you were a W2 employee?

I don't know how you'll explain that you were hired at a dollar amount and paid and didn't realize taxes were not being taken out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental Income - Got 1099-Misc but reported it w/out the 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I did my taxes through turbo tax and when it came to the part about rental income it asked me if I receievd any income that was NOT reported on a 1099-Misc. I said yes and put the amount in. The problem is that I forgot that I did actually get a 1099-Misc form on the income. Do I need to file...

I am in sales and get a 1099. Can I give another person a 1099 for getting leads? [ 1 Answers ]

I sell software and the software company gives me a 1099. Can I get other salespeople to sell the software, pay them a portion of what I get paid, and give them a 1099? I am not a business.

What is the IRS fine ($) for not 1099 getting a 1099 from a contractor? [ 3 Answers ]

I know a 1099 is needed for anyone paid over $600, but what if, for argument sake, one cannot 1099 the contractor because they refuse or don't have a SS#, etc. What are the penalties for this beside not being able to expense the transaction? What does the IRS do?

What if I did not receive a 1099, hubby lost job and cashed 401, but no 1099 received [ 2 Answers ]

Husband lost job, received 401 money,they held out taxes ,but we have not received a 1099,I already e filed our taxes

1099-G and 1099-INT, filing as a non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen of India and filing my taxes as a non-resident for 2006. 1.> I received 1099-G of my 2005 state tax refund. In my 2005 federal tax return I had used the standard deduction on line 11 of 1040NR-EZ i.e "Itemized deductions" line since it is entitled to students from India. Is...

View more questions Search