Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiki_love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2013, 05:26 PM
    Problems with mom
    My mom acts like I don't care. I have been lying a lot, but when I tell the truth she doesn't beileve me and I just don't want to talk to her anymore. PLEASE HELP.
    jjpurpich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 04:12 PM
    Hi, I am new to this but not new to the relationship issues surrounding parents and children. First of all you don't want to close off your communication with your Mother, nothing ever gets resolved that way it only heightens the issue at hand. You might want to find a place away from everyone else to talk to your mom, (my kids and I always had, what I call our famous "car talks" ) it provided privacy and you didn't feel like you were on display in front of the rest of the family, three ring circuses are for Barnum and Bailey, lol. Second of all you still have to stick with telling the truth, as hard as it may be, it is always better to tell the truth. Let your mom know how you feel about how she makes you feel when you do tell her the truth and that you do care and want to work out your relationship issues to strengthen it, what ever they may be. Hope this helps and I wish you the best. Most of all, always let her know how much you love her and most of the time us mothers are willing to compromise and come to a rational agreement. jjpurpich
    Badreams Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Apr 10, 2013, 08:26 PM
    Listen, I sometimes hear about these problems, but I, as a kid myself, always say: " she is the only mom you'll ever get. Enjoy her while she lasts."Adults only say things like that for a reason: if she thinks your lying, she probably has a reason. Try to sit down with her and ask her why she thinks your lying.
    If this helps, please reply,
    - 12 year old kid
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2013, 03:34 AM
    NO, you have the problem, you were lying. So of course she has no idea what to believe and have to assume all is a lie.

So this is your fault, stop blaming your mom. You fix it by accepting that you will have to prove to her, and it may take months or longer for her to start believing you
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2013, 04:47 AM
    If you lie a lot how can she know when you are telling the truth? Stop lying and in time she will learn to trust you again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with mom [ 8 Answers ]

Why do I have to live here I can't stand my mom.she always in to stuff.I have two brothers one is older and one is younger and they love to fight they always beating do me.I can't do anything because I'm the only girl and l don't know how to fight. I will tell that person I have to call mom but she...

Mom problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My mom wants nothing to do with me, and she just strait out hates me. She always says how her job isn't to be a friend, or to even like me, but to control my life and to get me to become like her. She always screams at me for not getting good grades, which does anything but encourages me to...

Mom problems [ 6 Answers ]

My mom will NEVER let me have a sleepover I am sooooooooo sick of it all my friends get to have one allll the time and my mom is so stupid and says no! I am 12 I should be aloud to have them but NOOOO she won't let me what should I do??

Mom and daughter problems. [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so here is the deal. My mom is a total brat sometimes. I know she is doing what she thinks is best and is trying to make my life better. But she is completely ruining my life, she is making it horrible. And when I try to talk to her about it she just gets mad and says ' I don't want to...

Problems with my mom [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my mom recently has been very rude and dissrespectful to me. I'm 16 17 in June and she lets me do nothing. When I got my report card she threw it at me. She doesn't encourage me in my paintball. And since I'm 16 and FULLY sponsored by karnage eclipse paintball supplies and 3 by the river I think...

View more questions Search