Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramonaaa Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2013, 02:09 PM
    How should I react to this?
    Me and this guy have been flirting with each other for the past 2 months. In the last 2 weeks however he ignored me completely. Before that, I asked him whether he is dating another girl because somebody told me he was, he said he is only texting her. Then we talked a bit and he then started to ignore me. Yesterday I texted him asking what happened and he told me that a. He thought I didn't want to talk to him anymore and b. He was mad at me because I asked about that girl. I apologized and asked him what this means for us and he said he is definitely not mad at me anymore but that he doesn't know what to say. How am I supposed to react to this? 1. ignore him 2. ask him what he wants? 3. suggest we should start over again 4. tell him to think about it and say what he decided 5..

I still like him a lot and he is the first guy after a long time who can make me smile but I really don't know what to say about his behavior lately...
    s654 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Apr 4, 2013, 02:52 PM
    Lol if this was me I'd definitely think he was with this other girl... But your not together and so on so if he makes you happy id play it cool now and leave the decision up to him
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 03:06 PM
    So let me get this straight - he's flirting with you. After a while, he slows down on the texts. You want to find out if he's available for dating and ask him if he has a girlfriend. He gets mad at you about that question, and then proceeds to play games with you, manipulating your feelings and deliberately confusing you.

He's immature. He's trying to make you feel badly because he's playing the field and doesn't want to be called out on it. He's not boyfriend material, so run for the hills. You may be infatuated with him and not want to drop him. However, men are like trains - another one will come along in 15 minutes. The trick is knowing when it's worth waiting for the next one, and this is one of those times it's worth waiting.

The right guy would understand, "I've been paying this girl a lot of attention, so I can see why she would ask if I'm seeing someone else". Only a jerk would make an issue of it.
    Ramonaaa Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2013, 07:37 AM
    Thank you very much for your answer. How right you were. I stopped texting him and today I found out that while flirting with me, he was doing the same thing, texting the Same things to 3 other girls. That was a major shock for all of us, but well, I guess I should have expected it, huh? Thanks again for your answer, now I am 100% sure that I took the right decision by stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    So let me get this straight - he's flirting with you. After a while, he slows down on the texts. You want to find out if he's available for dating and ask him if he has a girlfriend. He gets mad at you about that question, and then procedes to play games with you, manipulating your feelings and deliberately confusing you.

He's immature. He's trying to make you feel badly because he's playing the field and doesn't want to be called out on it. He's not boyfriend material, so run for the hills. You may be infatuated with him and not want to drop him. However, men are like trains - another one will come along in 15 minutes. The trick is knowing when it's worth waiting for the next one, and this is one of those times it's worth waiting.

The right guy would understand, "I've been paying this girl a lot of attention, so I can see why she would ask if I'm seeing someone else". Only a jerk would make an issue of it.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramonaaa View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer. How right you were. I stopped texting him and today I found out that while flirting with me, he was doing the exact same thing, texting the EXACT SAME things to 3 other girls. That was a major shock for all of us, but well, I guess I should have expected it, huh? Thanks again for your answer, now I am 100% sure that I took the right decision by stopping.
    Good for you. Why have game players in your life? It only adds drama and nobody wants drama or game players.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I over react? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 39 yr old divorced woman with no children. I've been dating a 40 yr old man (no kids, never married) for over 9 months. Earlier in our relationship he said he was open to having kids, but also added that if he loved someone that did NOT want children, he wouldn't leave her over it. ...

I need to know how to react. [ 10 Answers ]

Okay, yesterday I was at work training and I sat next to a cute girl. She and I would chat when the instructor wasn't talking and we really seemed to be connecting. But when HR came and asked for our IDs we both got out our wallets and I glanced a picture of a guy in a baseball uniform in her...

How do you react [ 6 Answers ]

All right, so I started going out with this chick yesterday, and for some reason she broke up with me right after school, I don't know why, but she did Giving the situation, something like this hasn't happened to me before, when I usually date women, its long that that. I would like to know...

How would you react? [ 15 Answers ]

How would you react if your 17 year old daughter came to you saying she is dating a 21 year old man- and they have been dating for 5 months?

What happens when I react.. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know, what products are made when I use the reactants sulphuric acid and sodium carbonate Many thanks:confused:

View more questions Search