Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alengle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 08:37 PM
    I want to finance a property that can't get a mortgage
    It's a simple cottage in a flood plain. The flood plain part doesn't bother me because I know both the land and the water in question. I also know better than to keep anything of any worth in such a home. I can easily afford monthly payments, but the property won't qualify for a mortgage, and my ex made good on his promise to completely ruin me financially- my credit report stinks, and I have to keep my earnings off books as much as possible; he's already destroyed two personal and professional relationships for me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Then I guess you don't get the property.

1st issue is bad credit, for what ever the reason until you build your credit up it is harder to borrow money for any reason.

2nd many lenders will not lend in flood area because of the inability to get insurance and/or possible loss

3. working off books, basically you are attempting not to report income either for tax or because you owe someone who may garnish or some reason you are not properly reporting income, That just has a entire list of issues

So most likely with theseveral issues you may just not be able to borrow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property taxes on inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

When daughter inherits home from parent and moves into the home, is there an adjustment to the property tax base in California? Currently taxes are extremely low but house has increased in value since purchase 40 years ago. House is held by trust.

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

2nd mortgage on Rental Property Possible? [ 9 Answers ]

I have two rental properties- one is a single family home I have owned for 7 years, the other a building with 4 apartments. I live in the apartment building, had to agree to that for the loan to work, so I ended up renting my previous house (the one I have owned for 7 years). So basically, both...

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What will my payment be like on a 80/20 interest loan @7%?

View more questions Search