Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 08:03 AM
    The left only gets upset if they are the ones being forced to bend over the table with their pants around their knees. But think nothing of doing that to others.

I fully expect there to be another Vince Foster Type incident before this is over.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 10:43 AM
    We need To spray this heavily around the White house and the Senate.

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 08:12 AM
    Hello:

Allen West is going to challenge EX Tea Party favorite Marco Rubio for his senate seat. Now if that's not the right getting RIGHTER, I don't know what is. I guess Rubio is a RINO now that he wrote the immigration bill.

Who would YOU vote for if you were a Floridian?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 08:19 AM
    Not accurate.

"Former congressman Allen West (R-Fla.) declined Wednesday to rule out a primary challenge against Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) in 2016, but also noted that it would be a “pretty heavy lift.”

"Declined to rule out" does not equal "is gonna."
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Picky, picky, picky!

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 08:27 AM
    Why shouldn't he ? Let them put their issues on the table and let the voters decide. No Rubio is not a RINO . He's trying to make an impossible situation work . He won't get anywhere however because Reid has already determined that he can make more political hay by stalling the bill in the Senate ;and blaming the Repubics for it .
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 08:41 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Nahhh... The Senate is going to pass it. It's the Tea Party kooks in the House who're going to stop it.

But, every right winger is afraid of being primaryied, aren't they?

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Right.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 09:32 AM
    No I'd say the TP is in good position to do some primary(ing ) . Just don't know why West would go for Rubio's seat when Rick Scott has proven to be a Rovian RINO.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 10:35 AM
    If you get rid of the Rino's, minorities, women, and young people, whose left to vote for you?
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Let me see. Rick Scott just made marijuana pipes illegal whether used or not, putting head shops out of business. He just signed an ALEC bill that killed sick pay. And, he LOOKS like a rabid right winger. How come the Tea Party isn't loving him?

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Christie takes on the unions all the time too and I think he's a RINO . But you are in error . The bill does not "kill" paid sick leave. I'm sure the majority of Florida employers offer their employees paid sick leave and the bill does nothing to block employers from offering that benefit. The bill gives Florida employers a choice . They are just not required by law to pay workers for days they don't show up for work . You are an employer so you know that many employees abuse the benefit . To them it's a "use it or lose it " proposition . So often it becomes in effect the equivant of vacation benefit.
    Hate to sound harsh about it ;but that is a fact .
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

Let me see. Rick Scott just made marijuana pipes illegal whether used or not, putting head shops out of business. He just signed an ALEC bill that killed sick pay. And, he LOOKS like a rabid right winger. How come the Tea Party isn't loving him?

Excon
    You apparently suffer from that liberal "if it’s not mandatory, it's banned" mentality.

One of the most persistent canards the Obama campaign got away with was that Republicans wanted to “end access to birth control.” What Republicans were opposing wasn’t “whether or not you can have contraception,” as one Democratic Congresswoman put it, but whether your boss should be required to pay for your birth control.

I tried to refrain from using the “lie” word against the Democrats saying these things and the journalists repeating them as if they were true, because I think the liberal mindset sometimes doesn’t differentiate between state action and non-state action. If your boss says you need to pay for your own birth control, that may actually seem to some liberals as equivalent to the government banning birth control, somehow. Some liberals think that unless something is mandatory, it’s as good as prohibited.

Sure enough, the liberal ThinkProgress blog this week talks that way involving paid sick leave.

Some local governments in Florida want to force employers to pay their employees for sick days. The state government just passed a law saying municipalities may not do this. Think Progress writes: “Florida Governor Signs Business-Backed Bill Banning Paid Sick Leave.”

But of course, the bill doesn’t “ban paid sick leave.” If it did, it would become illegal for employers to pay employees for sick days. Instead of restricting employers, the bill restricts local government and protects the freedom of employers in this regard.
    Let's see if you can start trying to make the correct distinctions.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 11:49 AM
    My itch is will state law conflict with federal law? That's nullification if it does.

Nullification
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    My itch is will state law conflict with federal law? That's nullification if it does.

Nullification
    If state Law conflicts with federal law... federal law trumps it. Assuming the federal law stands up to be challenged as constitutional.

One more reason why Obamas uber-large government isn't good for anyone.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Nullification
    Ok, does federal law require paid sick leave?
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2013, 06:50 AM
    Left wing moving further left as Obama once again pivots to an issue Americans don't care much about and sure to sap even make energy more expensive...

Obama to announce Tuesday he will regulate existing power plants as part of climate strategy

President Obama will announce Tuesday in a speech at Georgetown University that he plans to regulate greenhouse-gas emissions from existing power plants, according to individuals who have been briefed on the plan but asked not to be identified.
    So here we go, America wants jobs and a better economy and what do we get? Gun control, amnesty and climate change. But wait, you say this will be good for the economy?

In Saturday’s statement, Obama emphasized the economic opportunities that could come from tackling carbon emissions.

“We’ll need scientists to design new fuels, and farmers to grow them,” he said. “We’ll need engineers to devise new sources of energy, and businesses to make and sell them.”
    So we're sitting on this huge stockpile of clean natural gas and we're going to once again grow our energy instead of food? Didn't we just have a bipartisan effort to repeal the ridiculous ethanol mandate, another folly no one wanted foisted on us?

I miss buying corn on the cob 10 for a dollar, I won't miss ethanol.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2013, 06:54 AM
    “We'll need scientists to design new fuels, and farmers to grow them,”
    Oh cr@P ! Another idiot pushing for farmers using productive land to grow biofuels !No doubt there will be more subsidies to ADM and higher food prices for the rest of us.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2013, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    oh cr@P ! another idiot pushing for farmers using productive land to grow biofuels !No doubt there will be more subsidies to ADM and higher food prices for the rest of us.
    Yep.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 07:12 AM
    Hello again,

Hmmmm... Hemp is a better biofuel crop. It produces MORE energy per acre than corn does. It doesn't compete with food. It's legal to grow it here, and the loadies THROW the stalks away, which is where the fiber (and the MONEY) is..

Anybody want to go into the biofuels bidness? I'll bet we can get some Obama money? And, I PROMISE, I won't smoke it up.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right wing moving FURTHER right [ 187 Answers ]

Hello: Some of our right wing friends think the way to win elections is to move FURTHER to the right. But, my question to them is, how many right wingers are out there, who AREN'T already voting with you? Now, I don't know about politics, much.. But, I think doing that will spell the END of...

Right Wing Insanity [ 187 Answers ]

Hello: A while back I heard that the candidate for governor of Florida was advocating drug testing for welfare recipients... I laughed and laughed and laughed... THAT stuff doesn't happen in THIS country... We have a Constitution, for crying out loud.. That guy will NEVER get elected... And,...

Limitations if you get a fixed-wing cert. then go for a rotary-wing? [ 0 Answers ]

Are there limitations if you first get a fixed-wing certification and then go for a rotary-wing certification? Son wants to go into avaition, spefically helicopters, but none of our state schools have the fixed-wing certifications in conjunction with a degree in avaition. Is there a limitation if...

The Right Wing [ 32 Answers ]

Hello: I'm confused. I HOPE you can help - cause then we can get down to it. But, I have a hard time arguing with clouds... I'll TRY to be specific, because I don't want to be accused of being a cloud myself... Arguing with smoothy is like arguing with a cloud. There's NOTHING to it. ...

Left Wing/Right Wing Or How About A Drumstick? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been following some of the political threads with some interest... Just wondering where some of the regulars see themselves on the ol' political spectrum. Left Wing, Right Wing or planted firmly in the Center, I'd like to know where you see yourself fitting in and perhaps an anecdotal...

View more questions Search