Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    higg55 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 11:42 AM
    2005 harley heritage
    What would make the rear spark plug foul with in minutes of replacing and start skipping I have been told rings or valves hoping that there's another reason
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2013, 11:58 AM
    Valves shouldn't make it foul. What is the compression? Sure the plug wire is good?

Apr 3, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Not sure of compression and used 2 brand new plugs but full of carbon after a mile or two

Apr 3, 2013, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Valves shouldn't make it foul. What is the compression? Sure the plug wire is good?
    Not sure of compression,used 2 new spark plugs and were full of carbon within two miles
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Fouling that fast indicates the cylinder is not firing or you have an oil issue. Check the compression. Oil fouling indicates low compression, bad rings, possible head gasket. Carbon fouling indicates weak spark or too much fuel. Is this an injected model?

Apr 4, 2013, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Fouling that fast indicates the cylinder is not firing or you have an oil issue. Check the compression. Oil fouling indicates low compression, bad rings, possible head gasket. Carbon fouling indicates weak spark or too much fuel. Is this an injected model?
    No it is carborated

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

07 Heritage Softail. [ 0 Answers ]

Tried to jump start it now Headlight and Aux. Lights don't work. Replaced Headlight and still not working. Everything else works fine. Checked Fuses in and out of circuit and with Bike Running. Also checked and have voltage at Headlight connector. What should I check next?

If I am muslim then what is my ethnic heritage? [ 4 Answers ]

If I am muslim then what is my ethnic heritage?

2005 Heritage won't stay running [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Heritage that will not stay running. It starts fine runs for about 2-3 minutes then stalls as if it were out of fuel. It will not restart for about ten minutes then does the same thing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jesus's jewish heritage [ 2 Answers ]

What are some of the ways jesus was influenced by his jewish heritage

View more questions Search