Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1ronirose5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 09:53 AM
    Cartilage piercing
    I got my cartilage piercing about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it is still red and swollen. I rub the sterile saline on it twice a day. Should I be starting to worry that the piercing is infected?
    NICOLE2013 Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Apr 3, 2013, 05:49 PM
    I have 3 cartlidge peircings and Mine were sore for quite a while. The saline solution didn't seem to help hardly at all. So when I would wake up in the morning I would rub some alcohol on it then follow with the saline solution, then with some triple anti bacterial ointment just because it's a thick base and it does fight against infection
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2013, 10:38 AM
    NONONONONOON nicole2013 you never use alcohol that's too strong. The salin solution is the right thing to use, just be careful because to muck can dry it out. If you make the solution yourself be sure to check that it is NON IODIZED sea salt. Also, about the redness and swelling, keep an eye and if it seems to get worse and not any better go to a doctor, or back to your piercer. Keep an eye out for any pus, this would be something to really worry about.
    Good luck xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a Tragus piercing hurt more than a cartilage piercing? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm dying to get my Tragus pierced ! I have a cartilage peircing and honestly it was just a little Pinch 1-10 on pane scale 10 being most I would say 3-4 but I'm really scared to get my Tragus pierced does it hurt worse than the cartilage piercing ?

Cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am thinking of getting my cartilage pierced.. I was wondering how much that would hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get my own cartilage pierced. Say I am doing it right now, and all I have are cotton balls, a new earring, and an ice cube, could I pierce the cartilage? Or would it not be safe? And where is it okay to pierce the cartialge? Are there dangerous places to peirce it? I'm worried that if I...

My cartilage piercing. [ 20 Answers ]

I always wanted my cartilage pierced, just a simple stud. Though, my mother never wanted me to do it. I was at a friends house 2 days ago who has a piercing gun, that is her mothers who has a license for piercings. Anyway, so since I always wanted it done, my friend did it. It's been 2 days, and...

Cartilage piercing [ 32 Answers ]

hi, i just got my cartilage pierced yesterday it was my first time geting in periced too so im alittle freaked out.. and its not a regural stud its like bell bar.. and it hurts like crazy.. the guy who did it said to only clean it when its wet like in the shower.. which i take everyday.. and then...

View more questions Search