Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    partyface Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2013, 07:21 PM
    I'm a 7th grader but I want to date a 6th grader
    Ok so she's in the 6th and I'm in the 7th and I want t go out with her but I don't really know much about her all I know is that she tends to be around her friends she's kind of short compared to me and she's a little fat like maybe 130 or 140 pounds and I'm also 5'2 and I'm a skinny guy so that's pretty much when I first saw her she had a really cute chubby face so how can I go out with her
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 2, 2013, 07:27 PM
    Do you even know her? How are your grades? Are you allowed to date? Is she?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 3, 2013, 03:28 AM
    Do your parent's allow you to date? Do you know if her parent's allow it? You are on the young side for dating, what are you 12?

Apr 5, 2013, 05:10 PM
    I don't know her, grades are good, I'm 13, she's 12, and I'm allowed to date
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 5, 2013, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by partyface View Post
    I don't know her, grades are good, I'm 13, she's 12, and I'm allowed to date
    I would talk to her at school during lunch or break. She may not be interested in you or vice versa. Just seeing someone doesn't mean you will get along.
    miss answerwing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 06:48 PM
    You should tell her you love her she might feel the same and it does not matter about what grade your in

Apr 5, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by miss answerwing View Post
    You should tell her you love her she might feel the same and it does not matter about what grade your in
    You have to be kidding! I suspect you are about the same age as the poster. You don't tell a 13 yr old to express love for anyone, let alone a 12 yr old. And grade or age does matter. Children are trying to grow up way too soon nowadays.

To the OP, really your parents let you date at 13? What does dating mean to you? You really are too young for this.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2013, 08:40 PM
    You're a good age for starting to include girls in your group of friends, but not to have a girlfriend. It is natural to have crushes on girls and think they are cute, of course. Most kids are not allowed to go on dates until they are in high school, and a lot of kids aren't allowed to go on dates until they are 16. Before that they might be allowed to go out with mixed groups of boys and girls. When I was your age, I started including boys on my guest list for my birthday parties or if I just had a pizza party at my house.

Would you be happy if she and her friends just sat at your lunch table? How about inviting them to do that so you can become friends?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2013, 09:09 PM
    Of course I suspect the idea of what a date is at 13 is not the same for someone older, most 12 or even 13 year olds have no interest in dating, I know almost none of my 12 year old boys even had an interest in girls yet.

But you don't even think about dating till you talk to her and get to know her

Apr 5, 2013, 10:39 PM
    So your saying I should date her when I'm older, but it wouldn't hurt if we are friends at my school we have different schedules I only see her after first period when everyone is going to their next class and when we get back from lunch and go to our 4th period I see her class walking down the hallway I sometimes even see her during breakfast

Apr 6, 2013, 05:22 AM
    There is nothing wrong with you being friends, even hanging out in groups. But yes, REAL dating (not what most middle schoolers call dating) requires a greater maturity.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2013, 07:50 AM
    Yeah, it's hard to go on dates at your age, too, because you can't even drive yet. Just say "hi" when you see her and be friendly. Maybe you will become friends over time. When you're both in high school, you can ask her to her first homecoming dance and see if she says "yes" or "no". That's a long way off though - you might like a different girl by then, or she might like a different boy - don't count on it, but it might be an option for you in the future. Just generally smile, stay out of trouble and be friendly to everyone, and you will find that people will like you, girls included.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to ask out this 6th grader but I'm in 7th grade? [ 4 Answers ]

Do you think it would be awkward? He's white, I only go for white guys, even though I'm Mexican. I don't know I just feel attracted to them? What would my friends think of me? Should I ask him out? I know he wants something from me. I just don't want like my grade to freak the freak out. At least...

So, I knew this guy in my cross country team. He's an 8th grader and I'm a 7th grader [ 1 Answers ]

So, I knew this guy in my cross country team. He's an 8th grader and I'm a 7th grader. I know, a year difference. He always seems to stare at me all the time whenever we're stretching , running or even jogging. Like he stare at me 24/7. One time, we have picture day, and I was not wearing my...

Would a junior date an 8th grader? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in the 8th grade and I'm 14. There is this guy that I really like but he is 16. He's a junior in high school. I was wondering if this was wrong or would a junior even go out with an 8th grader. Oh and this would be my first boyfriend.

View more questions Search