Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Manpasos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2013, 03:44 PM
    Dividend journal entry
    Can somebody help me with this entries?

The balance sheet for the clarke corporation reported the following components of equity on dec 31/2011

Common shares , unlimited shares authorized, 20000 shares issued and outstanding $460 000 Retained earnings 270 000 Equity. 730 000

In 2012 Clarke corporation had following transactions affecting shareholders and the equity accounts

Jan 5... the directors declared $4 / share cash dividend payable feb 28 to the feb 5 share

Feb 28... paid the dividend declared on January 5

July 6... sold 750 common shares at 48/share

Aug 22... sold 1250 common shares at 34/share

Sept 5... the directors declared a $4/share cash dividend payable on oct 28 to oct 5 shareholder

Oct 28... paid the dividend on sept 5

Dec 31 closed the &434000 credit balance in the income summary account

Dec 31 closed the cash dividends account

1.prepare journal entries to record the transactions and closings for 2012

2. Prepare a statement of changed in equity for the year ended dec 31 2012

3. Prepare the equity section of the corporations balance sheet ad of dec 31... 2012

Check out some similar questions!

Dividend journal entry [ 19 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this journal entry: The company declared and distributed cash dividend totaling $6,000 to its shareholders. I think the journal entry is this, am I right? Dividends declared 6,000 Cash 6,000 Or is it

Dividend payable journal entry? [ 1 Answers ]

Dividend diya hai director ko entry kia hogai? Retained earning Dividend payable Right yeah wrong?

Dividend journal entry! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am having trouble with the following transaction: "received $2000 dividend from investment" How do I make an entry for this?:confused: Thanks :)

Journal entry for dividend declared? [ 0 Answers ]

Journal entries for dividend declared... Entries for partial amount paid from dividend declated... How it is effected in financial statements?

Journal Entry For Dividend Received [ 1 Answers ]

HI, Journal Entry For Dividend Received Thanks & Regards, chandra mohan.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.