Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweets_xo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2005, 04:21 PM
    Scalp Condition: What is it?
    I have flaky, dandruff-like skin and I've always assumed it was just dandruff. The past few months, however, it seemed like more than just dandruff. I have researched it, and cannot find exactly what it might be. My scalp is very oily and I have oily skin. I get patches on my scalp that are very flaky and dandruff-like, but when I scrape them off, there seem to be almost like "craters" of blood underneath. It is really gross and I have tried many dandruff shampoos but nothing works. There are only certain spots where this "dandruff" gathers, so I suspect it isn't dandruff. Anyone know what it is exactly?

-Rachel
    desii Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2005, 09:39 PM
    Okay I think I know what your talking about... anway way you can post a picture of it just in case. I think I have what your talking about. Every time I go get my hair cut I get my sides faded and you see white spots of flakes just stacked to gether... its werid.. have you tried using T GEL? It's a shampoo from neutrogena... there's different types of it too. My syster had the same thing I had and she used it and got all better. I've used it and mines under controle... cheak it out. Need more info on it just rply ill try and post asap.
    Hope that helps
    Bye
    Bmaricle22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 06:59 AM
    You probably have Psoriasis on your scalp, You should show it to your doctor they will give you a special shampoo to help cure it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy scalp [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have noticed that my scalp itches a lot, particularly when I stay late into the night. Any idea why this happens? Is this a known condition or will it lead to a new discovery? ;-D Thank you.

Burning and pain in scalp [ 1 Answers ]

Most of the time I feel burning and pain in my scalp. When this is high my hair sheds after that. Please tell me if this is BSS then what should I do. Is it cureable. Thanks prabhjot

Air condition [ 3 Answers ]

OK I live in a mobile home in Oklahoma its been 100 pluse here last couple weeks and I noticed the other day my unit way making a scretching sound everyonece in a while then today it was a long scretching that didn't stop so I felt the air vent and it was blowing hot air so turned the unit off......

Air condition will not shut off [ 3 Answers ]

My thermostat has seemed as if it was showing the wrong temps . Now the air blowing out doesn't feel as cold as it was. When I switch to off it blows warm air. I can only shut if off through circuit breaker and that feels warm to the touch. The fan is in the auto mode. I live in a mobil home in...

View more questions Search