Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisete Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 06:42 PM
    video in ontario without permission
    I am having trouble with a very difficult tenant. I went in for a routine inspection and have since found that I was video taped without my permission on a spy cam. I didn't do anything except take pictures of the unit (which was filthy) and brought a guest with me to vouch that I didn't touch anything or go through anything. He is trying to say that it was illegal for me to take pictures and bring a guest... seriously? I know he is trying to bully me. I want to know if him setting up the spy cam violates my rights although I would not have any problem with anyone seeing my inspection which was quick and proper notice given.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2013, 07:24 PM
    I couldn't find a specific law on this. If the camera was setup specifically to record your visit it might not be legal. But if the camera was already there for security, it might be legal.

In any case, legality only comes into play if there is court action and they attempt to use the video as evidence. Then a judge will rule on the admissibility.

Clearly as the landlord, you had a right to inspect your property with proper notice and take pictures as part of that inspection.
    chrisete Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Song by Music Video - Recent band and video with kid cadets jogging [ 0 Answers ]

I came across a song that I absolutely loved but I can't seem to remember the name or band. It's a recent video of a band playing outside while boy cadets are jogging in sweat suits and one boy is singing the lyrics. They jog under bridges and go through paths. Please help me out! It's a great song...

How to hook up s-video from a non directv receiver to lcd TV with no s-video hookup? [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a non digital direct TV receiver and a new 32 inch lcd TV and the receiver has a s-video outlet and my lcd does not , is there an adapter they sell as I would rather use the s-video than the coax cable wire

Quebec says my Ontario licence is nogood but Ontario says its good? How's that? [ 0 Answers ]

I got pulled over in Quebec 2 times this summer, the police tell me my licence is no good and gave me a fine, seized my truck. After the first time I checked and Ontario said they were good so I thought Quebec must have made a mistake and drove there again to find the police behind me ,telling me...

Why does my Sondy DVD/Video player only play sound when playing video tapes? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Sony DVD/Video player. This is hooked up to a Vizio TV. Our TV is hooked up to Direct TV satellite dish. When I play a DVD it works fine, sound and picture. When I switch it to Video, I only get sound. There are 5 cable lines hooked up to the back of the DVD/Video player. On one...

View more questions Search