Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Mar 20, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Adults and abuse
    I just want some opinions on this one:

I have noticed in reading a lot of these posts that many people claim verbal/mental/emotional abuse exists in their relationships and marriages.

Do you think:

A) People have always been this bad to one another, we just have a name for it now

B) People over-use these serious terms to describe the causes of their failed relationships

C) There really is that much abuse going on all over the word

D) You have a better answer than any of the above and will now share it with the class

NOTE: I am not denying these types of abuse exist or down playing their seriousness, just questioning whether they are as commonplace as they seem here.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Yes, Yes, Yes, No.

Yes, people have always been this bad to others because... who knows? Name a so called reason, whether real or imaginary and you have an instant million reasons.

Yes, I believe people over use the term "abuse" to describe their failed relationships or to describe why they want to leave because they are unhappy.

Oh yes, there is just this much abuse all over the world and then some - more than one person can imagine in any good conscience.

No, I do not have any better answer than anyone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Ring Tone That Adults Cannot Hear (with MP3) [ 28 Answers ]

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/12/technology/12ring.html The mp3 file link is on that web page. Sadly I cannot hear it, probably due to attending way too rock concerts as a youngster. Can you guys hear it?

Asperger's Syndrome in Adults [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering if a person I know is an adult with Asperger's Syndrome. He has some but not all of the listed characteristics--outbursts where he expects the listener to know what he's been thinking, hypersensitivity to sound and smell, self-injurious behavior such as picking his nose and his...

Liability problems for adults injured on trampolines? [ 3 Answers ]

My 19 year old daughter has a tramp at a house she is Renting with other college students. The yard is fenced In so neighborhood kids should not be able to use it. Would it help protect from lawsuits if a sign Explaining the dangers was on the tramp? Would it help if anyone who used it...

Adults won't listen to me [ 6 Answers ]

Question answered, thanks for your help. :)

View more questions Search