Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    critterann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 06:28 AM
    vision and insulin
    I recently was put on insulin for diabetes. But now my vision is very blurry. Is this a side affect of the insulin or do I need to have my eyes re checked. It has only been blurry since I started the insulin.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2013, 06:44 AM
    It's a side effect of diabetes and CAN be a side effect of insulin, particularly if the dosage needs to be adjusted. You were diagnosed and went straight to insulin?

Did the diagnosing Physician tell you to get your eyes checked? It's unusual in my part of the US if he did not.
    critterann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 06:49 AM
    No I was on metformin pills and then I recently was in hospital for DKA that is when I was put on insulin. Should I go to doctor to readjust doseage
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 06:51 AM
    I suggest you go to both the doctor and the optomitrist. Do not try to adjust your insulin dosage without proper medical advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insulin decrease [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old girl and have high insulin content in my body. I want to know some medicine to decrease my insulin level in my body?

Diabetic Insulin Free? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who will shortly run out of diabetic insulin. Previously had Insurance through spouse. Spouse quit job cancelled ins. Is there anyway/anywhere my friend can get a temporary free supply of insulin, until They get own insurance? Should only be a matter of 30 days or so!

Insulin Resistance / Syndrom X [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with Insulin Resistance also known as Syndrome X. Can anyone share their symptoms, medication they are taking and what's working. I'm curious to hear what other people are going through?

Insulin resistance [ 5 Answers ]

My son is a Type 1 Diabetic. 8 yrs old. Can he develop "Insulin Resistance" ?

View more questions Search