Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhovelsrud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 10:26 PM
    Mtd mowerr won't start
    Mtd rider won't start no turn over no click even with fully charged jumper battery cleaned all cables even at starter any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks Ray H fresh gas ran 20 minutes earlier
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 5, 2013, 02:11 PM
    Hi,
    Assuming of course that the deck is disengaged, then the most common causes are the solenoid and the key switch.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Apr 6, 2013, 05:48 AM
    Make sure that the fuse isn't blown. It is located by the solenoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mtd lawn tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn tractor will start and run for 10 minutes or so , but after that it stops and will turn over but will not run. I have taken the plug out and there is no spark once it is warmed up.

Won't start-deck engage switch is causing it to start or not start [ 0 Answers ]

I must engage deck plunger several times to get the tractor to start sometimes it never starts 1 year old-aprill 2011

74 chevy truck will turn over but won't start. Will start with starter fluid but won't [ 1 Answers ]

My 74 chevy pickup sat over the winter and now it won't start. I was running just fine before I let it sit. It turns over but won't start. If I use starter fluid, it will start but won't stay running. I don't smell gas in the carb either. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump or the filter. Problem...

my john deere z 425 won't start, it turns over but won't start [ 0 Answers ]

my john deere z 425 won't start, it turns over but won't start. I keep turning it over but it never cranks. It only has 150 hours on it

MTD yard Machine won't start, why can't jump start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 600 series yard machine and a couple of weeks back when I turned the key to start it, it acted like the battery was dead. I jumped it off from my car with no problem. I had planned to charge the battery but forgot. The next week when I went to mow the yard, again it acted like a dead...

View more questions Search