Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    548susie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 09:17 PM
    Want to move near my parents
    I've been married 30 years. I've followed my husband and his jobs and we've lived in several places away from both our families, which I have never liked but accepted. He is now paralyzed from the waist down and I'm his sole caregiver. The house across the street from my parents is for sale and it's handicapped accessible. I want to move there and be with my family--for 30 years I've lived away from my family and my kids have never been around any of my family. My parents are 80 and I'd like to spend this time with them and they really want me to move there. How do I convince my husband to move? His 80 year old dad lives by us and my husband is an oly child, so he would follow us. This house has an apt. on top he can live in.So we'd have to sell both our houses, which would be a big job. Our house is not in any condition to be sold, either, so all the work would have to be done by me, too, but I would do it. I'm tired of living away from family. I'm 52 and life is too short. My sister lives nearby too and all my cousins and aunts.

He wants to move to a more southern climate when we do decide to move but I want to wait until later, when our parents have passed away.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 09:23 PM
    It really sounds workable, and everybody's needs are being met.

So, what is the problem with making the move?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 11:32 PM
    My concern would be his 80 year old father living in a up stairs apartment, what happens in 2 years or one year when he can not walk up stairs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I move out of my parents?? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 26yrs old woman who still lives with her parents. Do you think I should move out? I share all the house expenses with my parents and my younger sister. I pay rent to them, pay my car, and car insurance, bills, etc. I have been paying rent to my parents since I was 19yrs old. My...

How old can you be to move out of your parents house [ 2 Answers ]

I just want to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents house I am 12

Parents might NOT let me move out and I'm 18! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I have a question, I'm 18 years old and I graduate high school may 25th then I'm going to start work at a cheese place where my dad works (he got me in) :) I start work June 4th! But now I'm getting worried because my mom said she's holding onto the money I make from this job And I really...

How old can you be to move out of your parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I just want to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents cause they are all ways blaming me for stuff I don't do I am only 14 and I just want to know what you have to do to move out of my parents house so please help me thank you.

How do you move out(from parents)When you're already old? [ 4 Answers ]

I've heard how people move out in their 20's, sometimes at 18, but I'm in my 30's now. How do I start moving out when they get angry if I say I want to move out and my father is still violent and will start throwing stuff if I tell him any of my ideas.

View more questions Search